Amazing AI weighing scales in Sainsburys. It "knows" what your weighing. Running on Linux

In my Sainsbury’s they have recently replaced all the fresh produce weighing scales with these new fancy featuring Artificial intelligence (AI). All you need to do is places your fruit/veg no the scales and it has a camera at the top that recognises what it is and charges you appropriately.
You can scan the barcode with your Sainsbury’s shop app or use the laser scanner thing

I wonder if it ever makes a mistake? What if you showed it a photograph of Bananas?

It runs on Linux, Im guessing that 10.245.150.35 is its IP address (bottom of the screen next to the date and time)

It is a computer how could it make a mistake? Oh Horizon!! :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes indeed ! but doubt this making a mistake would cost peoples lives

True, I’m just a bit anti computers this evening having been wrestling with Windows all morning :rofl:

Reminds me some years back, the missus turned her computer off at the wall, after she’d started an update and it hadn’t finished. Had to reinstall Windows, then the following month, did exactly the same thing. :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

1 Like

It only did as the programmers told it to do.

She only did what the computer told her not to!

1 Like

Oh yep, more than a few times over the years too. ( and she’s still asking me how to close pop ups ( lost count of the times I’ve shown her)
Bought her a new laptop last year, set everything up on it and told her to pick a PIN number to enter on start up. Overnight she forgot it ( hadn’t told me it, nor written it down either) :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Have you tried weighing your drone on them?

1 Like

I bet that would confuse it "
I imagine its been trained on fruit and veg, nothing else

If it’s >250g … they automatically call the police!

1 Like

Its all right the scales has a proper operating system… .

1 Like