Amazon 10 inch fire tablet

I dont know if this is of interest to anyone but I have just connected my Amazon 10 inch Fire Tablet to my DGI Mini 3 Pro and everything seems to be connected and working fine but I have not been out and tested it yet but if it works ok then it might be a cheaper alternative to an Ipad or something similar. The tablet downloaded the DGI software from the DGI site with no trouble I just had to give permission for my tablet to download the software onto the tablet itself.

1 Like

Is it this one? with this spec?

No mine was a plus tablet and had 4 gb of ram.

Try it, the minimum spec is 4GB Ram

You may find that the controller position and update home point will not function as there is no GPS on that tablet

1 Like

If you tether your mobile phone to the tablet would that give it a GPS signal?

No

Our you could get a 10" ā€˜no-nameā€™ Android tablet with GPS for even less.

1 Like

Its not got the best reviews that tablet :thinking:

Not sure how well it would run the bloated DJI fly app :man_shrugging:, same for the Amazon tablet

I have heard the Samsung A7 is ok

These are the risks of going cheap, unfortunately. At least with amazon you could potentially get it, try it for a month, and send it back it itā€™s ā€œnot suitableā€.

I think my Huawei pad worked fine but Iā€™ve only used it once because, despite preferring the larger screen, I really donā€™t like the extra bulk to carry around.

I agree, try it and see :grinning: if not send it back

Mine did as well till app version 1.6.2 then it would randomly crash, be ok for a week or so then crash again :scream:

Gave up in the end and got an IPad mini :+1:t2:

1 Like

There are some lower prices for refurbished models of iPad miniā€™s if one can be found to suit the minimum requirements.

1 Like

You would think in this day and age that all newer tablets would be ok to use

For anything other than the DJI Fly app, they would be.

The resources that app needs are just crazy for what it does. And the fact itā€™s not put through the Google Play store for code review worries me even more.

I used to think they were just stealing your contacts data but given how intensively it runs Iā€™m now pretty sure DJI are using millions of Android smart phones for bitcoin mining in the background.

How do you think they keep affording these incredible new office buildings :thinking:

1 Like

Selling millions of drones and camera gimbals, made by Chinese slave-ish labour, to foreigners for 20x their cost? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Fair point.

Maybe theyā€™re using all the devices as a botnet instead of mining crypto :thinking:

1 Like

Itā€™s like anything in life, you get what you pay for

Buy cheap pay twice :wink:

Really donā€™t know what to get now between an iPad mini or the controller with the screen built in which is cheaper than an iPad

The DJI RC is a good call and will work with other drones

If I didnā€™t already have the iPad mini 6 when I bought the M3P I would definitely gone for the DJI RC

If you want something to work out of the box get the RC

If I remember right the RC-N1 is Ā£70 plus device
The DJI RC is Ā£255

Some more info here on the different options

Check out this thread for more ideas:

I have an ipad Mini 5 which is (sadly) way better than the Tab S2 I had tried to use as a usually Android person.

Depends if you need a tablet an all it does in addition to controlling your DJI drone