An unfortunate end to a great day! X Class Chasing!

Watch large, in 4k!, and with sound!

And no I didn’t follow the downed drone into the ground… Honest guv… A sympathy crash? I’ll let you decide!

3 Likes

ooooops down down down aaaaaaahahhh twisting twisting gone

Great edit with he music.

Was caused the X class to fail ?

1 Like

Who knows… I asked him to roll as he hadn’t done any. He did one roll… Then spun. Right place right time. Though I really shouldn’t have followed him into the ground lol. Might do a short edit of just the crash

He got the raw video from my drone. Looks like 2 motors/escs went, not he won’t have tested bits yet.

Least I got to fly it a few months ago when was in one piece.

Also said he disarmed and armed on way down!!! Madman

Classic desync.

He throttled up. Then down to zero. A motor stalled then failed to start up. This causes the fc to keep pumping power into all the motors and it goes into a spin.

Most likely caused because of the old racerstar motors on it. I used to have the same problem on my 5" with old racerstar motors. I swapped for new iflight xing2s and it never desynced again.

2 Likes

Yeah we did wonder desync. The damage doesn’t look too bad (couple of props and scree the motors back on. Frames in tact). Quite a height to fall from with something so large and heavy.

It’s a lovely quad though

Yeah, I saw the pics. Looked fine to me.

New motors might be a bit expensive though.

Yeah… He loves it though. So beautiful in the air

1 Like

Tell you what though, flying your favourite quad as close as you dare to a 13inch monster quad is a little… eeek, got closer and closer towards the end of 2nd flight.

Also Davinci, OMG… I think it used like 250GB+ temporary files (render cache I presume) to make that video… 6GB final out, about 28GB input data… I used the proxy lite thing for first time, and was a better editing experience speed wise, but I kept running out of HDD and having to move stuff to cloud… 5 hours of editing and faffing later for a < 4 min video, haha.

Yup. You need to clear that cache directory after you’ve finished. Maybe have a whole hdd just for the files.

Yeah am thinking that. it’s a laptop with only USB C. I guess can get a nice USB 3 1TB SSD for it. Funny how davinci just throws an error but doesn’t say “out of space”, check C: drive and states (0 bytes free). I did forget to clear from the 2 stevie videos of last week, but even when I did it was about 260GB cache files for this video, just checked and cleared now

2 Likes

:face_with_peeking_eye: Oooff. That did go down with a solid thump… nice save at the end there. :grinning:

Wasn’t a save… I crashed too, lol! Note to everyone… don’t follow the thing you’re following down!

1 Like

In fighter pilot terms they used to call it ‘target fixation’ if I remember correctly :rofl:

2 Likes