Angel of the North - Added to Monuments in the North East region on the map at DroneScene.co.uk

I have has just added this to the UK Map of places to fly your Drone at https://dronescene.co.uk

9 Likes

I Love it. thanks for sharing

Hi, Did you need permission to fly here? As I’m from teesside and would like to take my mavic here.

You may not get a response from the original poster since this was an anonymous cross-post from DroneScene.

Someone else might know, though, and let you know.

No worries, I didn’t realise it was a cross post. Still getting used to the forum. Haha.

1 Like

Gateshead council claim you need permission, even though it is public land. Orla Mcgreevy orlamcgreevy@gateshead.gov.uk is the contact. I had to provide PL insurance evidence, my license and a risk assessment. She was very helpful.

I’ve already been. Didn’t get permission as was unaware. No issues flying mind.

3 Likes

Hi @Biggles1 and welcome to Grey Arrows :+1:t2:

This makes me think you’re talking about a commercial operation type flight, rather than a recreational hobbyist flight? :thinking:

Another thread the other day suggest only needed for commercial …

https://greyarro.ws/t/angel-of-the-north-8-1-20/12205/10?u=ozonevibe

1 Like

No, pure hobby so they waived the filming fee.

1 Like

They did? That was generous of them :rofl:

1 Like

Private land owned by the council presumably. There’s very little truly public land anywhere.

1 Like

Yes, you must have land owners permission and I assume the land here is owned by the council. The other option is to get permission from a nearby private land owner and fly from their property.

I’ve flown here too :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve flown here too :grin:

1 Like

I want to fly here, does anyone have tips or advice on where to park or take off from?

1 Like

Hi Darwinsdad, heading north on A1, turn of about 500yrds before the Angel onto A167(Durham rd). Car Park right next to the Angel. Toal field behind Angel.
Parking : WTW ///frostbite.able.weeks
Toal : ///lunged.register.defectors

1 Like

Ta very much :+1:

1 Like

I want to fly here, does anyone have any tips or advice they can share?

No tips for the actual location, but having worked up that way a few year as ago:

1. Don’t wear black black and white stripes, some locals will think your a Newcastle fan and treat you accordingly
  2. Don’t wear red and white stripes, most locals will think your a Sunderland fan and treat you accordingly

:grinning::grinning:

3 Likes