Another one bites the dust (tree)

These might help

Hope you find it.

Sounds like it might be easier than @clinkadink one.

Well would you believe it? Found it!
The drone gods were with me today. I converted the lat/long to What3Words and using the handy navigation feature in the W3W app wen to the exact spot. We searched for about 20 mins in very dense undergrowth, mainly rhododendron, beside the tallest tree and suddenly Maggie shouted “got it!”
Can you imagine the feeling? It was about 3 metres away from the map ref. I reckon it hit the top of the tree, then tumbled down and landed in the rhododendron branches about a foot above a pool of water! What are the chances?
I’ve dried it out and it spins up fine. Only damage seems to be one arm of the gimbal mount broken and loads of condensation in the camera.
Massive thanks to Dave @OzoneVibe and Wayne @Sparkyws for help with the log files. I was in a right panic because it has been raining all afternoon and I was desperate to get out and search. Cheers.

13 Likes

Great result! @clinkadink will be enraged with envy, however. :wink:

2 Likes

What a fantastic find! Am I ok to call you when I lose my drone and you come be drone detective? :joy:. Really lucky with those branches above the water. :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Great news :+1:

2 Likes

Great news. We can only hope Chris gets some of your luck now. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks all. I can’t believe how lucky I was. It was a desperate feeling, change to sport mode, full stick and still going backwards!
Yeah, I hope Chris gets a lucky break.
I’ll upload the scary video later.

5 Likes

Good Result :+1:

1 Like

yay!!

1 Like

Well done mate.
:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Well found :clap: :clap: :+1:

2 Likes

Well done to everyones awesome detective work and to Maggie for actually finding it… I had a go yesterday but with these massive gusts I gave up sharpish… Around here its trees… water… trees… bog…

2 Likes

Well done mate.

1 Like

Great team work .

1 Like

What a great result!

1 Like

Funny, it wasn’t too bad going out then suddenly it changed, pouring rain and blowing a gale. At least I now know you can fly a Mini 2 in the rain - for a while!

Don’t forget that heavy rain drags the air down with it which bursts out when it hits the ground to cause strong winds before the rain arrives; you can feel something similar from your bathroom shower before you get in it !
I tried searching on “Stong Winds” for an article on it but the searches are all clogged up with the recent storms, apart from this one from the NHS, which isn’t very helpful here !

1 Like

I think it must have been something like that. It came out of nowhere, in minutes.

1 Like

I love a happy ending…

1 Like