Any drone repairer in SE London

Hello guys.
Maybe similar question was raised already then please divert me in the right direction.
Wanted to know is there any reliable drone repairer in SE London or Kent area. Crashed my MP1 back in August ans as care refresh run out and didn’t had any insurance decided to repair it myself as it needed just new gimbal with vibration plate and fron right and left rear arms, then noticed that middle shell had crack too I decided to do dome upgrade. Ordered new arms (all 4) and body parts from Ebay for MP1 platinum (you know the reason quite motors etc). Want to mention that after crash I started my MP1 and only faults was no video and gimbal . So I thought it going to be easy (sort off). Cutting long story short all worowe t quite well exothat first attempt to start the drone showed no problems except no video at all. Changed video transmission cable on gimbal assembly and all started to work except that video now comes with interference. Apart from video interference everything working fine but then sudden front left vision sensor stopped working, replaced sensors and no changes.So looking for anyone who can suggest something or recommend reliable person.
Some pictures attached.
Thanks

Nobody specific to recommend in your area … but I think whoever you find will charge a lot!

They tend not to replace parts at the smaller level, because their time to fiddle is more than the cost of a larger part. eg, fault = ribbon cable, remedy = replace whole camera and gimbal. …. etc.

I guess step one is to find someone that will give you a quote, at least.

As for SE London, I know there are a couple in London, one in Chertsey area, and one in Brighton. Never used. Google “Mavic Pro Repair”.

Chances are you’ll end up posting to whoever it is. They all seem to be shy of dropping off and face-to-face. So - on that basis, there was a place (in Northumberland) HIGHLY recommended recently.

http://www.phantomrepair.co.uk/index.html

So is that platinum arms and motors on a MP body?

I thought the benefits of the platinum was gained mainly by upgraded ESCs.

Does it operate with platinum motors and MP ESCs?

Is the interference all the time or when you start the motors?

Yes.
Price wise was no much difference so I thought why not.
All works fine and it feels even faster. I have an MP1 white too (bought after the crash), we tried a drag race and platinum parts makes a bit different.
Interference is constant will try to add short clip.EC66C135-4BD4-43F4-B216-33C1CFFF613C.MOV (5.9 MB)

2 Likes

Thanks for that I will drop them a line.
Tried google but all companies I found are working from Mon-Fri and basic hours. Not worth losing money getting day off for this as in worst case I will get myself a new motherboard for this amount ( counting drop off and collection - 2 day off).

1 Like

Actually just mention from MP i have only batteries and bottom part with visual sensors, other part been replaced with platinum.
Picture me using GoPro on my drone. Looking forward to wrapping it after fault found and problem sorted ( I know it looks silly now ).

2 Likes

These guys are in Bluewater

2 Likes

Looking at their price list, would you say they’re fair?

Anyone used DJI’s out of warranty repair service?

I buggered my gimbal ribbon cable (not by flying - by being too inquisitive!), and replaced myself … but managed to bugger the video cable in the process … so replaced that.
Best quote from UK repair shop (for the initial ribbon cable replacement) was £165. I did it all, and learnt a lot, for £65 including buying a couple of things to make it easier.

For me, it would need to be a massive repair requirement before I didn’t at least try myself … and the cost of having it done for me would better be put towards a new drone.

These people don’t “replace the ribbon cable” … because it’s a fiddly as F!! The bill would be massive. They just replace a module … and hence the cost.

Hi @goga999i

I see you posted a vid to https://dronescene.co.uk the other day. Does that mean you managed to get your MP/MPP flying again?

Who did you get to complete the repair?

I have two mavics (pro and white), I have crashed pro and I still playing with it, have changed a lot of parts and cables and problem still exist, have few more things to check if it won’t help then I will go to repair centre ( there’s seller on Ebay who offers to try part and if they won’t sort you problem you can return it for a full refund, so for me two things left to try its full gimball assembly and flight controller ESC board :grin:). But apart from that drone flying well and no problem with any controls.

1 Like

I did a full gimbal/camera replacement not long ago (grabbed the wrong end of the MP and buggered it … duh!), so shout if there’s anything you need to know. I took loads of pics as I did it.

I have replaced gimball already and ribbon cable on it twice as first one wasn’t working at all and then replaced control board on the front of mavic, after all that my front left sensor stopped working (it doesn’t bother me at all), main thing is video interference. Now I’m thinking could it be that because my replacement gimball wasn’t working properly (no video had to replace ribbon cable), maybe someone who assembled gimbal done some damage to gimbal cable and that’s why a got that problem. But anyway thanks for your help. I like to play with my MP and I become very quick in disassembling it in parts when needed. So few more things to try :grin:
Happy to see your pictures anyway maybe it will help.

The video (and gimbal gyro data) is carried by the video cable …

… not the ribbon cable …

… which only powers/controls the gimbal motors.

Quite important, in relation to video interference, is the copper screening on the inside of the gimbal pivot covers …

… which screens the un-sheathed parts of the video cable …

… where the strands separate to reduce flex resistance.

I have to say I did rather well with the complete camera/gimbal/gimbal-control board replacement.
I bought, very cheap, from China on eBay … but the camera was faulty (wouldn’t focus).
I contacted the eBay seller and they offered a partial refund. I raised the issue with eBay and they gave a full refund and said to not bother returning the old one.
I swapped my original camera onto the replacement gimbal and it was fine.
So - a completely free fix! :+1:

2 Likes

Wow, I’m impressed with your effort mate. Very big thank you. I need to check my gimball in accordance with that copper plate, maybe it’s not there as my parts came from China too.

3 Likes

As I recall, all three pivot covers (past which the video cable is routed) should have that copper stuff on them … that was just one example.

Certainly this one …

1 Like

Will definitely check what’s on mine tonight. Thanks :+1:

1 Like