Any meet ups in Lincolnshire?

Do any pilots meet up in Lincolnshire?

I know there are a few of us around Louth.

Just an idea.

2 Likes

Sort one out and see what intrest you get? :slightly_smiling_face:

We, the Club, would be very interested in attending an informal meet-up in Lincs, in a formal capacity.

We can’t say too much publicly at this stage but we might be able to bring the #SkyCoppers along with us :shushing_face: :blush:

4 Likes

They had an open day at Nettleham Police Headquarters for all drone users and those wanting to start, I attended and that is what prompted me to get a Mini3 pro.

It was headed up by Kevin Taylor the top man there, and was really interesting, wouldn’t mind having a fly with the drones they use, amazing bits of kit. Chief Drone Pilot invites enthusiasts to event at Lincolnshire Police HQ

Only problem with Lincolnshire are all the FRZ’s here, there are places across the Wolds but what sort of location would everyone be happy with for a meet?

Preferable one outside of a FRZ, Lincs is a big place :blush:

Parking nearby would be very handy too.

Be interested - I am in Grimsby (recent import so don’t really know the area).

Anyone ever tried a remote pub with landlord permission to flypast / close. Droners get a day out and the pub gets a potentially decent social media video free. Could even add in internal pix/video.

I have some experience in Real Estate (admittedly in US not UK) but it might be an idea to float around.

Not shilling for business here but… this is a domestic example of how I used to make a living

Did it sell? Good idea, better than just the 360 walkthrough you get on our estate agent web pages.

I cant think of anywhere suitable to meet and fly.
There is Waltham Windmill with car park and café, but probably wont get the ok to fly especially if it is busy.

The Blacksmiths Arms Rothwell, but it seems someone already did the pub video. Redirecting...

I don’t know of any architecturally interesting places, its all flat with trees around here.

Louth town and St.James’s church perhaps, but they have Peregrines resident in the spire, Hubbards Hills but it is busy with families if the weather is good.

Hopefully someone will know of somewhere I don’t.

FPV boys like that ;o)

Pubs are a great shout for a meet, especially if they have a car park and food available.

They’ll often give you a function room free of charge if everyone is eating there, which means you’ve got somewhere central to head out from, somewhere to charge the drone batteries, somewhere to eat, a toilet, etc.

Everyone’s a winner :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is the Humberstone Fitties on the coast by Cleethorpes.

The boating lake has a huge car park (free to disabled blue badge holders, was last time I stopped). The miniature railway has The Smallest Pub on the Planet.

Just floating some suggestions.

Never tried FPV, I cant stand up using the PS4 headset!!

I would like to know if anyone is actually interested in a meet up in Lincolnshire as mentioned originally. I have been to Waltham Windmill today and have an email to contact the person in charge of the whole site, but if no one wants to meet then there’s not much point in asking. Have taken some photos of the site. Car park, toilets, 2 cafes, railway, park and of course the windmill. No problems meeting there but trying to find out if flying would be ok with the owners. We can always meet and then go somewhere else to fly. I know there are a few drone fliers in Louth and Grimsby so if anyone knows of somewhere better we can meet then lets sort something out between us.

2 Likes

Tagging @group-eastmidlands and @group-yorkshumber just in case :smiley:

And @group-northwest :grinning:

1 Like

Only problem with Lincolnshire, especially Louth etc is it takes so long to get here, ie Peterborough is nearly 2 hours on a normal day.

Is that where you’re based, Steve?

Waltham Windmill looks to be right on the east coast, would a west-Lincs location get more interest and/or be easier to get to? :thinking:

Yes Louth just near Grimsby. There are some places along the coast at Cleethorpes like one of those turrets out at sea. I don’t know west Lincs area to be honest, just know as it is RAF county there are lots of FRZ’s around. I would be flying every day available if there were more places to get decent footage, but it would be good to meet up with like minded flyers. Have met one at a tractor run in Grainthorpe and we shared the air space together quite well.
West Lincs would be better to access from East Mids etc as A1 then A46 to Lincoln, but even there you have RAF Waddington, RAF Cranwell, RAF Conningsby and Leeming etc.

Great to see the planes but not when you want to fly yourself :rofl:

1 Like

*NOT Leeming, Barkston Heath. Nr Grantham.