Any reasons not to sell my Mavic zoom?

I could do with a bit of spare cash to put towards some new hearing aids! What is the point of hanging on to that old Mavic zoom when I can do everything I need with the Mini 2?
At one point I used to believe that the Mavic was more wind resistant than the Mini 2 but having done a few flights in stiff breezes I think the Mini 2 is just as capable (and the official figures agree).
Bearing in mind that most of what I do involves flying near people on fish farms, the only advantage of the Mavic is really the extra zoom range but I think that is counteracted by having to stay further away.
Can you think of any other reason to keep it?

3 Likes

I’ve never bought into the need for a zoom and as you say, following the letter of the law and uninvolved people you can get a lot closer with the M2 than you can with the MA2.

Sell it

2 Likes

No.

2 Likes

I’d say sell it before the 3 comes out the price will drop through the floor, if it hasn’t already with the release just around the corner.

5 Likes

I did get some pretty amazing close shots on full zoom, before the rules changed.

1 Like

Agreed.

But given the nature of your ‘work’ (and a fantastic job you are doing, I’m not touching salmon again) you need to keep as much on the blue side of the law as you can, and give them no ammunition.

Flip side, can a man have too many drones ;o)

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words. But if I do sell and get some new hearing aids I’ll be able to hear her indoors saying “no you can’t have another drone!”

1 Like

The defence rests.

1 Like

They seem to fetch around £600 on eBay, which isn’t bad.

3 Likes

Not to bad, still better off sooner rather than later I think, the market will be flooded in a few weeks.

1 Like

I am also thinking of selling my mavic zoom I have smart controller and Fly more bundle
what do you think I would get for it might even Sell mavic 2 pro as well.

1 Like

Haha! I’d better get my skates on then! They’re all coming out of the woodwork. :rofl:

I think the best thing is to put yours in the local paper, I’ll do eBay :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously though, if you do a search on eBay, then go to Completed listings down the left hand side, you can see what they’ve actually sold for rather than what people are hoping for.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Sound advice :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Keep it …get NHS hearing aids

2 Likes

@ash2020 are you married? If so ditch the hearing aids and keep the drone. :+1:t4: :wink:

2 Likes

Sell it!
I am a wild fly fisherman and totally agree with your stance on fish farms, I believe you will know about Bruce Sandison? He opened my eyes to the whole sorry affair and I fortunately managed to get a signed copy of one of his books before he sadly passed away!!
My wife is also 80% deaf and relies on hearing aids. We are trying to get some money together for something better than the NHS ones. NHS is great but they have a limited budget and can’t provide what she needs, so sell now and put the cash to better use.

2 Likes

Yeah joking aside your hearing is important I am a retired paramedic and 25 years of sirens didn’t do my ears any good , I have bilateral NHS behind the ear aids , could never afford private aids but the quality has improved with technology and I find them sufficient for my hearing problems , if the mini does what you need sell the zoom and invest in those super duper aids …good luck

4 Likes

Yeah, mine were knackered by woodworking machines. I think I’ve decided I can do everything with the Mini 2.

2 Likes

I believe Listers fix for Kryties eyes could be the answer here.

Thanks Darren. Sadly, the rivers and lochs on the West Coast have really suffered from disease and sea lice spread from the farms.

Regarding the aids, I’m going with the slightly crazy notion of buying some pre-owned and programming them myself!

1 Like