Anyone interested to have a flight somewhere in East London side?

Hi guys,
I was wondering if someone would be interested to have a flight somewhere in East London. I live in Romford. I just made a 5inch FPV and I wanted to find some like minded people to have weekly fly with. If anyone would be interested kindly drop me a message or reply to this post.

Thanks.

2 Likes

@doctormako Do you have a date and place in mind, might be best to set up a specific meet and see who turns up and then make you can make it a more of a weekly thing :wink:

Tagging :wink:

@group-southeast
@group-southwest
@group-fpv

I have no specific date in mind. I wanted to find someone who would had some experience flying legally. Inspite of having a flyer ID, Operator ID and Insurance, I am unable to find a reachable spot to fly. Most grounds aren’t willing to give permission and I do not know if it’s legal to fly in parks.

I am in Virginia Water and there are tons of spots here if you want to join me sometime. I can show you.

That would be great. When are you planning to fly next? It’s a 2 hr journey for me to reach Virginia water. If you could give me a heads up, I could plan and come accordingly.

It’s not illegal to fly anywhere if you follow the drone code

Where do you have in mind?

Have you used DS

I did check drone scene. The closest location to me is Davy Down Park.

Drone code states we need to maintain 50m distance from uninvolved people and roads. I went to a park in Romford which had no flight restrictions when I checked in Drone scene and drone assist, but some locals came up to me when I took my drone out to fly and said that I can’t fly there. Ever since I haven’t flown anywhere cause the last thing I want is trouble.

1 Like

Ugh, yeah it does look like an awkward area of the country to fly. Loads of airports, etc. I’m sure there will be somewhere though.

Maybe someone from @group-london can help?

Don’t annoy the locals but sounds like you’re in your right to fly there if you wanted.

If you’re up for a little trip there is a meetup south of the river on Bank Holiday Monday and the 17th September should you be interested. I’m south of the Thames but happy to assist with reasonable transport if or where I can.

1 Like

I am interested - in East London near a tube/train line.

As @RestlessZombi Mentioned - this Monday South East England Meet-up | Monday 28th August | Revised date Its a good place, people welcoming and location is great for FPV

I am not confrontational, but it harder for people to say we cant fly if we more people turn up in East London with spotters and Insurance.

2 Likes

I am very much interested to attend all the meet-ups but honestly the distance is the only issue for me. It’s 2 hr 20 mins one way journey to the meet up location from where I live. Maybe once I get a car I’ll start attending the meet ups.
Thank you guys for the invite though.

Without a car is it hard - Davy Down Riverside Park is almost on the way for others driving over the bridge.

@doctormako I would post a message on the South East England Meet-up | Monday 28th August | Revised date in case anyone is driving past you on the way.

1 Like

Thank you so much. That would be really helpful.

I fly occasionally at Davey Down but have to be Careful of the low electricity wires near to the car park

Thanks for the headsup. Those wires would be practically invisible for the vista air unit.

Appreciate it.

Hi, let me know, I live in West Wickham Kent. If I can get there by public transport.
There is a large area Croydon airport. If that’s any help.

Lance,B