South East England Meet-up | Monday 28th August | Revised date

How about 27th in the middle of bank holiday weekend ?

Everyone welcome. FPV’er, Camera Drones or even people who not a got a drone yet. No drone police, but do not be an arsehole rule applies.

if you have them …
Bring Grey Arrows name badge from big meet
Bring tea, coffee and maybe something better if not driving.
Bring snacks.
Bring batteries.
Bring spares!
Bring a chair! (Better than a table)
Bring gazebos!

Cap Park Location: ///darts.tech.sweep - https://goo.gl/maps/Y9DacwHZCbHAQdny6

Exit the car park on right, kept to the right and follow the footpath. The very friendly park ranger can be feed with cookies. Plan to start flying near:-

I plan to be there around 09:30 am with flag marking the spot:-

Weather (According to Accuweather) is looking good

Who is in ?
  • Fair weather and a fair wind, I will be there
  • Come rain or shine, I will be there
  • If the stars align, I might just make it
  • Alas, something more important than drone flying (WTF??)
0 voters
1 Like

Standard :+1:t2:

There was no “sorry, I’m.an arsehole” option on poll.

I went with something more important… Likely flying FPV somewhere closer

Sadly I have plans on this date :grimacing:

Rats! Its the only day where weather looked good and I was not watching football.

Going to Birmingham that weekend and will be returning that day, I could make the Monday since it’s Bank Holiday (No work :slight_smile: ), but that would depend on others. No point changing for just me.

How about 28th ?

@Steviegeek @grandad1950 @johnnyboy69 @martywolfman @ANDMUL ?

Good with me :+1:

28th sounds good to me, I’m out the day before so will depend on how I am recovering :grinning:. I’ll check with @Riccar to see if they would be up for another flight extravaganza. I’ll have to remember the cookies and coffee for the security guard if I can make it :rofl:

Moved to 28th August to give @RestlessZombi and @liberfly opportunity to attend.

Long term weather forecast was got less good. Pencilled in calendar, firmer plans nearer the date.

1 Like

@bmsleight are you sure you mean 29th or was it a typo and Monday 28th August (bank holiday) is what you meant :grinning:

Edit: just scrolled to the top and have seen the date - Monday 28th :+1: :laughing:

what a pain the date has changed, i could do 27th for my first meetup but cant do 28th. Dissapointed

Calendars are hard - I send you some PM to try and work out possible dates September for meeting 3

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: South East England Meet-up | Sunday 17th September

Cool we have two potential dates lines up.
This one on bank holiday and the one on the 17th September

I’m confused. Is there a meeting on either or both of these dates? My wife has just come out of hospital and I could do with a bit of escapism plus this used to be my golf course!

Hope you wife is ok.

Is there a meeting on either or both of these dates?
Both

Meet-up planned for Bank Holiday Monday. (28th August)
Also one planned for Sunday 17th - South East England Meet-up | Sunday 17th September - #10 by RestlessZombi

Escapism is king!

Vote on the polls (top post) to give an indication of which people can attend which one.
Sorry for any confusion.

Weather check nearer the day.

Brendan, are you not organising part of the meet to accommodate this recently introduced Birthday Challenge subject?:

26. Birthday celebrations - host a party with at least five guests (and yourself). At least one guest must be a fellow GADC member - 2 points* - You can advertise the meet with a post in here

• Bonus point for each person present holding a homemade GADC 6th Birthday Card (Drone Picture)
  • Bonus point for a GADC 6th Birthday Cake with six candles (Any Camera)
  • Bonus point for blowing out all six candles with the drone in one pass (Video from any source)
  • Bonus point for all participants lying on the ground forming a giant 6 (Drone Picture)

https://greyarro.ws/t/the-great-big-gadc-6th-birthday-and-treasure-hunt-challenge/65594/682?

My interest waned a little on the Treasure hunt. Happy to eat cake anyone brings it along.

Thanks. I will try to make both.

Ian