Anyone registered with Drone safe yet?

Saw on someone’s Instagram profile that the described themselves at Drone Safe Registerd and turns out that had registered under the Hobbyist version.

DSR Hobbyist Registration is £24.99 plus VAT
DSR Hobby Membership benefits include:

• 12 Months full hobby membership
  • Welcome pack consisting of current CAA information sheet, DSR Hobbyist id card & DSR craft ID sticker for identification purposes.
  • Wallet ID cards are printed with current CAA safety code & member photo.
  • Designed to help educate members of the public should you have issues when out enjoying your hobby, flying within the law and acting responsibly.
  • If you lose your craft within the membership period, DSR will also pay a reward to its finder.
  • Regular industry updates/bulletins/newsletter

Seems a bit steep for me as doesn’t include any PL insurance

2 Likes

Seems a bit pointless for hobbyists, unless they are desperate to get a card with their name on it.

£25 better spent on liability insurance and put a sticker with your details on the drone.

Just my opinion.

6 Likes

When this was on Dragon’s Den:

I didn’t understand then why any hobbyists would register :thinking:

Two months later and I’m still none the wiser :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree, I think it must just be the fact that they want to say they are, “Drone Safe Registered”!!!

1 Like

Sam / @S_O was working on something like this earlier in the year, not seen him around here for quite a while now though :slightly_frowning_face:

Hey! Still alive lol. I’ve been quite dormant and not had much chance to fly this year - basically my company took off much bigger and faster than I was anticipating and I’ve been working flat out all year!

I did get a chance to put a short reel together which I’ll post separately in a min, but the drone register is still very much on my roadmap. I still have the domain and the home page done, I’ve designed most of the system’s code base but just haven’t had a chance to actually code anything yet!

Also, I’m still trying to find somewhere that sells custom design serial no stickers because that’s a big part of the concept - so if anyone has any ideas there it would be a big help :slight_smile:

I’ll try and get round to posting more in 2019 - I feel so guilty for not getting the MP out more in the summer seeing as we got so much nice weather!

2 Likes

Don’t knock it @S_O , that’s a rare thing these days, congrats :smiley:

Got any full stack dev jobs going in the north west mate? :wink:

I’ve used these before, not sure if they’ll suit your purpose but perhaps the printers could accommodate a change request?

Good to see you’re still about Sam mate :+1:

Cheers mate :slight_smile: I’ll check out those stickers too!

There might actually be some full stack dev roles at my 9-5 place of work (global IT company - my company is one that me and a friend run in our spare time), happy to send you some links if you’re interested. PM me if it’s more appropriate, don’t want to spam someone’s thread :upside_down_face: