Anyone tried these 'Powerextra' non-DJI batteries?

Not sure how long they’ve been around but I’m seeing more and more ‘Powerextra’ batteries on the internet lately.

Eg.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Battery-Powerextra-3830mAh-Intelligent-Replacement/dp/B078LSWCX9/

You can’t knock the price, that’s for sure.

I’m not willing to take the risk though… :blush:

2 Likes

Better to get DJI refurbished I think £50~59 on Amazon or Scan.co.uk (only 3 month warranty)

I understand DJI can check what battery you were using from the logs, which can affect your MAVIC warranty or DJI Care claims… false economy in my personal view…

1 Like

I didn’t even know refurb batteries existed!

Very good point mate…

In which case yes, refurbs are an even better deal :smiley:

I have a powerextra battery for my P4Pro and no problems, seems just as good as the original but with quite a saving , slightly less capacity than original but equates to 3 mins less flying time

2 Likes

Hi guys, anyone used or know of anyone using 3rd party batteries? If so would you recommend?

Example:

Moved your post to an existing one on these batteries.

1 Like

Thank you, I did do a quick search on 3rd party batteries just not specifically this name. :woozy_face:

Personally, I don’t see the benefit in saving a relatively small amount of money on something that I’d rather not have a reason to go wrong.

Whilst it may not be the same people - there are so many posts about not invalidating warranty/insurance … and then the complete opposite by someone else. Always seems strange to me.

I don’t bother with insurance …. and warranty is long dead … but I wouldn’t use anything other than genuine. That’s me. Kind of middle-ground approach. :wink:

They also make a simultaneous multi battery charger I saw … searching on the name.

2 Likes

I do agree with you, for the saving of 20-30 pounds on the batteries i think I’d rather pay the extra and know my drone is staying in the sky. :crossed_fingers:t4: I hope anyway :grimacing:

3 Likes