AOS 5 O3 - My first self-build

Something you both have in common it seems :laughing:

1 Like

Good point :wink: I’ll be getting another 3 or 4 batteries. Any recommendations on chargers? Less complicated and more automated the better!

1 Like

She can’t take it if off me, if I have already spent it, Steve :laughing:

Several tubes of superglue are also missing from your shopping list. :wink:

You know me well. Alas, I am fully stocked up already :+1:

1 Like

Ah - that’s what fills your shed! :+1:

I like the ISDT’s dual or single… Have the Q6 and Q8, but you need a power supply for them (there are some with built in power supplies). I like them as can then just use a 12V car battery, when out and about and relatively cheap.

https://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/isdt-q8-500w-dc-charger

A parallel charging board and will do 6 or 8 at a time too. (I’m still quite scared of parallel charging, lol, but do sometimes do it. Make sure you know what you’re doing before looking into that)

I’ve not used, but believe this is pretty good:

https://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/isdt-k1-250w-dual-acdc-charger

Edit: Originally linked to the Air8, not the Q8…

Where did you order all your other parts from Chris? Seems crazy that you would receive an O3 AU from China and your frame from Canada before your other parts presumably from a UK supplier? I guess the postal strikes have something to do with it? :confused:

1 Like

Just realised - your shopping list doesn’t include a controller or means of viewing the video stream.

What are you gonna be using?

1 Like

He’s got the Avata, and Controller, so believe he’s going to use Goggles 2 + the DJI controller 2 (is it 2? I dunno… the one that works with the avata)

1 Like

Cheers mate. Appreciated. Looks decent to me and simple enough to operate. I have a load of 12v deep cycle batteries spare, so I can put one in the boot and power it off that.

Yeah I use an old 12V PC PSU too to power on the bench, and charge at home. Think you can get the Q6 nano pretty cheap from china. So I have a Q8 500W, and a Q6 nano… No need for the super duper Watt’s unless you’re doing the “relatively” dangerous parallel charging (but that’s off topic!). I try to charge one at a time, but do have a cheap parallel board in case need to do more than one battery at a time.

These batteries can be very dangerous (as you know from your solar and bike stuff), but treated well, they no bother. Just balance charge them at up to 2C, and storage when done :slight_smile: Easy

I haven’t bought them yet. They’re in my basket ready to buy at 9 am tomorrow from Unmanned Tech. Tomorrow is the last day for them this year, and they do say they will deliver on Saturday (Christmas Eve) if using the RM Special Delivery service).

I’ve just spotted this message though :sob:

:point_up: This :+1:

I think you will need to use a courier service with the lipo batteries in your order, but to be honest with all the postal strikes going on a courier will be your best option anyways.

1 Like

Im afraid, you can’t wait in this hobby… How annoying… Good stack too…

There’s not a lot in stock at UMT atm I’d buy… ergh… The other mamba is a mini or a 405 (which would do… but nah)… And the iflight blitz… Silly price

1 Like

Although was your stack 99+VAT or inclusive?

If exc. VAT then maybe… I believe the iFlights have a good rep… (someone else can vouch for them)

1 Like

Wow that’s silly prices really… My first was around 60/70 quid I think only just over a year ago… I maybe remembering with rose tinted glasses… But £120 inc for a full stack… Ouch!

I need a 3A BEC though, this doesn’t have that, for the O3 AU.

Ive not had any issues with my Evoque flight stack but Ive seen lots of people claiming the esc’s damage easily

1 Like