AOS 5 O3 - My first self-build

Didn’t Madstech say 2?

You could always add your own BEC for a couple of pounds, or run direct from the 6S no? I’ve had more luck running from the raw power than the 9V pad on my mamba with the vista.

Diatone Mamba F722 Stack MK3 45A 128K | HobbyRC UK that’d do, slightly lower ESC AMPs but… I think 45 good. Actually think that’s what I had on my original quad

OK - this thread has now started using a foreign language that Google Translate can’t decipher … :stuck_out_tongue:

Oddly enough, that is just about what I said when Karl started the FPV thread :laughing:

1 Like

He said an absolute minimum of 2A and he wouldn’t recommend using 2A. He also said running from filtered fc pad is better than running 6s straight into the O3. Cant remember his reasons now (think it might have been filter related)

I thought he said at least 2 :man_shrugging: Hence the reason for looking for 3A. I am knew to all this, so will happily stand corrected. I’ve pinged UMT to see what they advise too.

I’d grab that hobbyRC one tbh if @SirGunner things 45A fine for a 5inch? I think 25/30 is min?! BEC rated at 3A on that like the original you were getting

Could always buy seperate fc and esc but will need to be more careful when wiring up. Thats what I would do

This has a 3A bec for DJI

there ya go sorted and in stock. Makes wiring easier too, as same brand?

Looks good to me :+1:t2:

@SirGunner What is recommended min amps for a 5inch BTW? Just for future reference, always wonder.

I think that separate FC+ESC above same price as the stack he was originally going to use, maybe even slightly cheaper, and a Mk4 so a better FC (although Diatones numbering system confuses me at times… Whats an APP, basic, Mk4… lol). Wonder if they come with the interconnecting cables as a “stack package” contains? I’ve got spare, but not much used to @clinkadink .

This is why I went for a stack, as I wouldn’t even know how the 2 connect together, or whether I would need extra parts.

the flight controller parts seems to have everything you need mate.

It’s that 8pin single cable will work with other mamba ESC’s, if you went different manufacturers you’d struggle.

1 Like

It would all depend on what motors/batteries youre using and how hard you are going to push it. In normal flying youre more likely to fuck damage your esc’s when you try to turtle after a crash than in normal flying. Or when you crash into something and your props are blocked but your motors are drawing huge amounts of current to try to keep turning

1 Like

Most fc come with the 8 pin cable for connecting to esc but if its a different make would just need to check the pin out for the fc vs the esc (I would double check this even if its the same make just to be sure)

Know exactly what you mean. You can solder all the wires from the FC to the ESC, but there’s a load of them (8 I guess), so much easier to use one of those little cables… I did kill an FC (turtling in the chesterfield bando dust, fortunately the ESC survived), and just bought a replacement FC. I think it was the Mk4 722 as above as a stack, but replaced with a H7 Mamba FC board (as only thing in stock!) and was just plug and play with the same cable.

I think those separates I’ve linked are identical to the stack you were going to get (though a Mk4 instead of APP version, whatever that means, not a lot in reality!). They in stock, 3A 9V BEC and yeah… Do it :slight_smile:

Ok, so I’ve removed the stack and added the separates :grin:

But now it decides to tell me that the GPS Compass is out of stock :persevere:

Who needs GPS? Never had it reliable on a bloody self built quad… Forget the GPS for now add later :wink:

Just go for a TBS gps. Theyre reliable and easy to setup