Apps and utilities to view drones that broadcast Drone ID and Remote ID data

No they won’t be as its geo-based, I managed to get both of mine broadcasting by using an fcc app that tricks the drone to think it’s in the states

1 Like

Ahh!, thanks but I suspect that when RID lands here that DJI will try via firmware update to make them then… so I guess it’s a case of watch out for those “fixed sum known issues” firmware updates from DJI.

No firmware update needed, it’s already active but like I said it’s Geo-based so they just need to add the UK to it

This is my Mini 3 broadcasting in the UK :grimacing:

Can I ask a question please Wayne @Sparkyws

1 Like

Where are the spots :scream:

Right
You know the other month when my equipment showed I was broadcasting RID due to the patch I was running at the time, as I’m aware the geo coordinates are spoofed to the USA on the particular patch I was using, Not gps spoofed,
Ok sorry if this is a silly question, so does this mean due to the spoofed geo’s at the time, would whoever think the drone & controller is in the USA ? Or would it still show that I’m here ? Uk,

Only reason I asked as you mentioned above about the geo coordinates or geo based, is what determines location, or would the Americans think there’s someone flying in America but there drone & or controller is in the uk :smiley:

Lastly or this maybe a premature question, if & when RID Is implemented & the uk is added to the geo, if your geo’s are spoofed to location as said above, would your location still be known in the uk if it’s determining it on geo, if that makes sense.

The spoofing is only done on power-up to fool the drone into transmitting in FCC mode
But what seems to be happening its also spoofing the drone to transmit RID

But the location service is still accurate to the current GPS location
You can see this on my photo above Here

Whether this would be useful to disable RID as well we will see :grinning:

1 Like

Thank-you for the explanation :smiley:

:crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

I heard talk of only authorities being able to see the location of both the drone and the operator ( obviously to ensure they comply with VLOS) I’ve not yet heard of a mobile phone app that can identify the location of the operator ( ie, where your controller is )

They’ve been around for a while now.

Here’s another one from back in 2019:

Which app is that Wayne ?

We can spoof as well, so unless they make spoofing illegal :scream: :see_no_evil: then its useless :grinning:

Ahh sadly it’s unavailable for my phone because it was made for an older version of Android ( apparently ) :wink::wink:

Always pays to have an older device for playing with in this game ;o)

1 Like

Apparently so. ( now wondering whether to update my M3P ) :joy::joy:

Never

Just out of interest, what sort of range did the app have ? ( can’t see it having much range as my phone loses wifi connection to my router from about 50m from home )