Attempting first video

Yes I know it’s not great , day didn’t go great but had fun as you said , now the problem I’ve got is the description of my MacBook is above :point_up:t2: , all I done was , was put the SD card in to preview in quick time player and that’s what it gave mere the first short jerky video , maybe my Mac is no longer up to the job but I mainly use that for my music which causes me no issues ,
I was going to try it with I movie on the Mac as I’m a little familiar with that but as you can see I didn’t get started , hence the mess around on the phone with I movie , all my settings are listed above that I used for the video , tomorrow I’m going to try H264 as was mentioned earlier , I’m happy to buy a new Mac no problem but could do without the cost at the mo as I was also suppose to be getting another drone ,
Editing software I’ve just subscribed to LR PS LRC & the other add ons buy yet to use it as the lack of performance when I put the SD card in to preview , so not sure what too do , many thanks for asking , I’m sure I’ll figure something out :crossed_fingers:t2:

Cheers mate that handbrake does the trick just got to do some tutorial tomorrow today rather how and where it saves too ,
I’ll try again today H264 see what happens within the drone , cheers Chris many thanks

Try just pulling the files off the SD card and on to the harddrive. It’s more than likely the computer can handle the data transfer quick enough when previewing straight of the card.

Morning mate
I just converted the file threw hand brake then put it in to I movie and just had a mess about , even when the video is moving forward or smooth movement shall I say it’s still a bit jerky , I’m finding the bigger the screen the more noticeable it is which probably makes sense
Bit lost to be honest on what to do next , I’m no computer or editing wizard lol , I’ll do another video today in H264 see what happens there , failing that would you any idea of what Mac I should be looking to buy M1 chip or M2 , Ram etc I don’t want to go and buy something and get the specs wrong I need or was wondering if to buy an I pad pro with M1 chip !
As said when it comes to editing and what I need for best performance I haven’t a clue what to get as this is all new to me , any thoughts or recommendations would be much appreciated if by your self or any of the other members on what I need to be getting for a good starting point ,
I guess for now I’ll carry on with the photo / stills in the hope I get a response , many many thanks

Film in h264

Report back

Cheers Chris , just having my breakfast then I’m off out again while the skies are blue and cloudy
Once again thanks for getting back , sorry this isn’t my forte but I’m all for trying & buying if I have too
I know there’s better out there if it makes the job more capable I’ll take the step to update
Once again thanks I’ll report back first H264 MOV
:+1:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

You wont notice the difference.

2 Likes

Sorry @milkmanchris shall I still do it in 4K
Thanks

Yes just change 265 to 264.

1 Like

Video Format :white_check_mark: proxy files :white_check_mark: 25fps :white_check_mark:

Have you made sure your video editor is set to 25fps as if it’s not then this will cause stuttering.

No I haven’t sorry we’re a-bouts is that on a Mac
If you know , many thanks

What did you edit with (or try to)

In the stutter video it looks like preview (QuickTime) if the video stutters there it’s gonna stutter everywhere on your machine

Shoot in 264 or convert it.

Best option shoot in 264, u won’t notice any difference unless you’re using it for broadcast

Hi mate I’ve just got new footage in laptop
H264 works

I’m just trying some bits in I movie ,
I’m using I movie for now as I’m a bit familiar with it ( for photos )
I’m just trying to stabilise video we’re it’s a little jerky when I turn , if this works then I’ll chop the 3 clips up I have and try and make something out of it :crossed_fingers:t2:

Don’t know what I’m doing tbh just trying
And yes last nights was with quick player and it was a load of faffffing with the handbrake , hopefully this might get me some where :man_shrugging:t2:
Many thanks

It will.

Any Mac pre 2018 wont play nicely with h265.

1 Like

Sorry to ask that stabiliser does that iron out jerkiness many thanks

It can do, but it works best when the footage was shot from a static position, keep trying different settings see what it gives you

Not stabilised

Stabilised

1 Like

Wow thats cool.

Are right yep I see , ok thankyou

Hello again ,
Here’s where I’m at within I movie still slight jitter jerky am trying all sorts of settings anyone know of any particular go too , I’ve tried fast slow medium , reverse but no joy in getting it smooth , when I enter full screen it’s more noticeable , if it helps my Mac is 13.3 screen again sorry to ask but any ideas well appreciated , thanks in advance

Get a faster Mac or shoot 1080

Might be worth a try converting what you have to 1080 to see if that works better, if it does then your Mac is the issue.

Just for clarity we are not talking about your flying skills (smoothness are we?)

Maybe upload a file you have shot straight from the SD card and one of us can see how it runs on our machines?

1 Like