August 23rd Mavic Pro 2?

Need to be >400ft to avoid detection and the 'mercan love of shooting anything!
Mind - they usually shoot people on the ground, so should be safe @ 400ft.

2 Likes

Just had the below come though by email, are we all excited :laughing:

Hey there!

Did you know this is a BIG week for drone fans? I have to be honest, I am pretty dang excited. As my subject line says DJI is expected to release a new line of Mavic 2 drones tomorrow for their ā€œ See the Bigger Picture ā€ event in New York.

The event is tomorrow, Thursday, August 23 at 10am EDT. A direct link for DJIā€™s live stream of the event is right here .

DJI Mavic 2 Leaks

(the prices listed above are likely for placeholder & not accurate)

Below is a quick round-up of the latest Mavic 2 specs & photos thanks to two UK electronic retailers who accidentally leaked the images and info:

• 31 minutes of flight time
  • Fly up to 45 miles per hour
  • Have 5 miles of range
  • Whisper ā€˜quietā€™ blades
  • Extra sensors for ā€œomnidirectional obstacle avoidanceā€

1) New Mavic 2 Zoom with 2X optical zoom lens

The Mavic 2 Zoom is said to have a 24mm to 48mm zoom lens. Having a zoom lens will open up all kinds of new opportunities. Heck, check out their Hitchcock inspired dolly zoom effect in this teaser DJI posted to Facebook:

2) New Mavic Pro 2 with Hasselblad camera

The Mavic Pro 2 with Hasselblad camera is said to have a 1" inch Hasselblad CMOS sensor (yes please!). This would be a nice bump up over the current 1/2.3-inch sensor found on the current Mavic Pro.

3) New Mavic 2 Enterprise Edition

The Mavic 2 Enterprise Edition version looks like it might be for adding accessories? Itā€™s not clear though if this one will be released tomorrow so take this info with a grain of salt. Some of the guesses for what the accessories could be are: a bright LED light, a speaker, a 360 camera, a special camera for 3D scanning, or it could just be a prototype throwing everyone off :wink:

DJI Quiz + Free Priority Shipping Coupon

Finally, DJI just launched a five-question online quiz and they are offering prizes to those who answer the questions correctly. The main prizes are a DJI Select Membership (valued at $29) and $20 worth of DJI Credit.

The best part though is theyā€™ll give you one Priority Shipping Coupon just for taking the quiz which will give you early access to DJIā€™s new products like the DJI Mavic 2 that is expected to be released tomorrow.

1 Like

Iā€™m keeping my hands in my pockets and staying away from the internet, I had the same email.
Iā€™ve already started asking somebody questions about a second Inspire 1 :blush:

2 Likes

I donā€™t believe that for a second.

I bet you have an MP2 in your fleet photo by Xmas :wink:

4 Likes

so roll on 3pm thursday

Tea and biscuits lined up :+1:

Iā€™m ready!

Live @ https://live.dji.com/

1 Like

No doubt the likes of Casey and iJustine will have had the ā€˜newā€™ drone for the past few weeks and will have teaser reviews by the end of the day.

1 Like

Iā€™m waiting. Might well get one at some point, but when depends upon the business case for the upgrade really. And the price.

Six to twelve months I think.

Iā€™ve got a set of goggles sitting in the drawer Iā€™ve never got around to using that I could flog to raise a bit of the cash.

1 Like

Well, DJI, take me money !, the price was right for me !

1 Like

Donā€™t you flog them ,till youā€™ve spoken to me !!
(Sold ! to the Eaton man !)

Haha fair enough.

I really ought to actually try them out at some point! Iā€™ll pm you after the bank holiday and we can sort out a time to have a play.

1 Like

Sounds a plan!, managed a few short flights down here in Chichester, nothing too exciting though!

1 Like

Did you manage a meet up last weekend Russell?

Alas, no. The others were busy , which was probably a good thing as it turned out because I overslept by two hours!

Hope you had fun in Chichester, even if not much droneage.