Autel Evo Nano - sub 250g drone - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion

I’m unsure if the Autel Nano is wearing the Evo moniker :thinking:

We know the Evo Lite is.

Three way obstacle avoidance, no NFZs, six mile range and a choice of two cameras - all on a sub-250g drone :clap:t2:

Also confirmed, it’s an Autel Evo Nano rather than just an Autel Nano.

4 Likes

I wonder if the smaller sensor model is without obstacle avoidance as per rumour. Very interested to see pricing of both models.

1 Like

Now on their website

http://autelrobotics.com/productdetail/24.html

1 Like

Apparently some people got emails that the Nano will be $649 and the Nano plus $799. Looks like the rumour about only one having obstacle avoidance was wrong.

1 Like

EVO Nano

12MP camera

4K/30fps video

3-axis gimbal

30-minute fly time

$649

EVO Nano+

1/1.28-inch CMOS sensor

Fixed aperture of f/1.9

HDR mode

Millisecond Autofocus, PDAF + CDAF

$799

Both Nano models have three way obstacle avoidance (front, back, bottom).

Both models due “Fall 21”.

2 Likes

just beat me to it haha!

No mention of what’s in the box :thinking:

You would hope / assume that as it’s RRP is $50 more than the DJI Mini 2 Flymore, it would at least come with three batteries, therefore making the additional $50 justifiable with the addition of three way obstacle avoidance and a better camera.

Little bit confused though as their release email said it was a 12MP camera on the Nano and their web site says it’s a 48MP camera (and a 50MP camera on the Nano+).

I guess we will find out today…

I don’t think we will…

Have you heard something? :thinking:

2pm today, but…is it?

Holding on to see before getting the Mini 2 for SWMBO

Keith @Fatfred_flies that link you posted is dated 23rd September. The launch has been and gone (it was about 8hrs ago).

What do you need to know? :smiley:

Here’s the contents of the email Autel sent out.

Meet the newest additions to the Autel lineup.

EVO Nano. Make Every Moment Matter.

Introducing the EVO Nano Series

A little drone with a lot of attitude.

Coming in at 249 grams, this miniature drone is jam-packed with an arsenal of automated, one-click features to make you an instant aerial photography pro on the go.
EVO Nano Sensor

EVO Nano

12MP camera

4K/30fps video

3-axis gimbal

30-minute fly time

$649

Learn More >

EVO Nano+ Sensor

EVO Nano+

1/1.28-inch CMOS sensor

Fixed aperture of f/1.9

HDR mode

Millisecond Autofocus, PDAF + CDAF

$799

Learn More >

EVO Lite. New Perspectives. New Possibilities.

Introducing the EVO Lite Series

It’s a lean, mean, photography machine.

Shoot vertical videos with the Lite using its innovative 4-axis gimbal design, or snap vibrant nighttime shots with the Lite+ using its intelligent moonlight algorithm.

EVO Lite Sensor

EVO Lite

1/1.28-inch CMOS sensor

50MP camera (no pixel binning)

RYYB color filter array

HDR video

$1,149

Learn More >

EVO Lite+ Sensor

EVO Lite+

1-inch CMOS sensor

20MP camera

6K/30fps video

Adjustable aperture, f/2.8-f/11

Defog mode

$1,249

Learn More >

EVO Nano & Lite: Coming Fall 2021

Coming Fall 2021

Stay tuned for product updates and availability.

1 Like

FFS When I googled the time difference it showed 2 PM, I presumed today but I guess it was yesterday!!

Really comparing it to the Mini 2 to see if it would be a better drone for SWMBO but looking at the prices I guess she will be getting a Mini 2.
I will share nicely the charging hub etc ( after all it is my fault if her drone battery is not charged!) so the drone on it’s own is around £ 200 cheaper and readily available.

1 Like

Three way obstacle avoidance, no NFZs, six mile range and a choice of two cameras - all on a sub-250g drone - that’s fairly impressive.

The Evo Nano is only USD$50 more than the DJI Mini 2 which will probably equate to GBP£50 by the time it gets to the UK :slight_smile:

Get her the Mini 2 Keith :wink:

New drone for the speed freaks to Keith :wink:

China is ahead of us, so their 10am can’t easily be 2pm here.

They are GMT +8, so it’s might have been 2am (GMT) … other than we’re on summer time making it 3am

Nice looking drones. It’s good to see more choice for those looking to get into the hobby with the sub 250g. The Nano certainly seems to pack a lot of decent hardware for its size. I am more interested in the Lite though, as looking to replace my Air 2.

What is the Autel software like compared to DJI regarding reliability, bugs, frequency of updates, support, etc? I am new to Autel so can’t comment, but would be interested to hear what others who have Autel and DJI drones think.

I don’t know what the f I did…I read…Oh I don’t bloody know. It was before my coffee!

I would like to know this as well, I fancy something different but really can’t fault the Mini 2. SWMBO would really like something

If Autel really want to compete against DJI in the sub-250g market, outside of CONUS, they need to be getting their products into the Argos, Jessops, Currys, highstreet stores. Currently they’re only preaching to the chior over here, while the casual and pressie buying unconverted remain ignorant.