Autumn Swooping over Drone Circle

One of Brendan’s flights at Drone Circle at the weekend.

6 Likes

I’ve lost count of number of branches I’ve hit as well as the too high sick feeling I’ve had watching this :joy:
Awesome video. Thank you

1 Like

And still some gaps I never knew existed after flying there for two years! Nicely done @Brengun

1 Like

whats the story with drone circle… is it a private club? can anyone come along? where do they meet? how often do they meet?

No
Yes
Bosley near Macclesfield
See Facebook group

thanks, not one for Facebook but I’ll try to get back logged in and join the group

Yeah they rent out a field in cheshire every Sunday (other than the 3rd of the month, so this weeks out), if the weather good, and fly drones, planes (occasional helicopter). Is £5 or £10 to fly (contribute to the private land cost), from 10:00 - 16:00/18:00. Quite relaxed, more FPV focussed. You are welcome to pop along and see what it’s about if you don’t fly. Relaxed, chilled out, etc, etc.

Won’t be on this week, but possibly the week after, though tend to stop over the winter, as too cold to stand and chill out all day! Tinywhoops were on in a village hall (again on a Sunday) over the winter, btu this died out last year. Looks like it will happen again, if you wanna race whoops (seriously don’t have to have any great skill, but it’s cool to see a previous UK #1 flying round a race track!)

If you don’t want to go on Facebook, will pm you about it mate.

1 Like

thanks, I’m keen to give it a shot at least 1 weekend and expand the flying group + it forces me to get out.

I’ve got a tinywhoop that I’d like to give a go so being around others may help if just for the comedy aspect of how many times it gets stuck somewhere.

Its more about forcing one to clear the mind and lets face it when the ground or trees are getting closer there is nothing that clears the mind like FPV + meeting others interested in the same hobby and can give a few pointers.

2 Likes

Oh you don’t need to be a great pilot (I’m crap at whooping, lol). With the whoops we tend to go in 15 min slots, with 2 channels apart 4 at a time, more numbers the better tbh or they don’t happen, will keep you posted!

Yup. Its load of practice flights. Fly the course or just try to not crash. Its entirely up to you.

Awesome. Lovely swoopy lines. My kind of flying. :star_struck:

1 Like