Avata Collision

I’m going to try a battery strap, hopefully that will prevent it from ejecting next time.

The Avata is certainly stronger than the FPV. If I did the same in that, I’m sure it’d be in pieces.

One afterthought about this incident. I have the DJI FPV controller, and have bound it to the Avata before. But it’s a faff to keep swapping it back. So yesterday, I used the motion controller in sports mode. One observation between the 2 controllers; whilst the motion controller is way more intuitive and easy to begin with … I find it less responsive on the turns. Kind of like it smooths things out. Not sure if anyone else has found this.

Oh linking my goggles to my own Vista quads back to the FPV is a pain, so this would double it… OK so that, more custom vista (runcams link whatever it’s called today!) drones then :wink:

We need to wait for this :point_down:

I too find it odd, as it’s the only way to fly in manual.

Nice impact mate! :+1:. Don’t think I could do better than that meself​:joy:.
Tough little buggers aren’t they them Avata. If you can’t get hold of a printed battery retainer, give a Velcro strap a go, feed it through the back of the battery and drone, and then to the back where you take the battery out. Works a treat, never had any issues of batteries ejecting from day one :+1:, and I’ve had a few times when I’ve stuffed it.
Big gap to miss though… :persevere:

Yes, and I see there are bundles with either the “Goggles V2” or “Googles 2” (nice product naming, dumbasses :laughing:) and that could send me down the slippery digital slope. :thinking:

No, I think it’s best if I steer clear for now because as it stands you need to get the “basic” kit with drone, goggles and “useless” controller, a separate controller, the separate “fly more” bundle for extra batteries and a separate case. Either they went in hard on the money-grabbing with this thing or they gave no thought to the way they were going to release it.

1 Like

Believe it or not the dildo useless controller you get with it can be quite…useful😁. Not a full on controller, by any means but it isn’t as bad as everyone says

Oh it’s a great thing, but you just can’t fly like you can with a “proper” controller. I felt was novelty, but very clever :wink:

I love it. And for anyone starting off in FPV … especially if you’re used to camera drone controls … it’s a quick and easy way to get into it. But as you say, it will never be as good a proper controller for accuracy.

It’s really interesting using the head tracking,combined with the Mot. Cont. At first it made me want to vomit :face_vomiting:, but getting used to it, it doesn’t half open up more possibilities like orbiting, strafing. Last time I was out I was pulling off a type of trippy spin around trees​:rofl:.
You do have more control with the ‘real’ controller, but there’s more use in the Mot. Cont. than what people think👍.

I tried it twice so far. It’s too much to process at my level, aka crap. But I can defo see the value in it. I saw a few vids, and with it enabled, you can get some funky FPV views with it.

Phookinell you are one lucky club member! Waytago DJI!!! Until the ding it was great looking footage!
I’ve got the FPV and it crashes… expensively:-/

Me too. And after this … I think I’ll do some more hours in the sim :rofl:

My tip if you have another go, as long as you keep an the grey bars, your off to a flyer👍.
It’s when you start flying backwards and keeping your eye on the centre circle, which will be at the bottom of the osd, flicking left and right when your trying to fly in a straight line, AND one grey bar at whichever side, is when your head starts going west​:joy:. Give it a go…its liberating :nauseated_face:

Have you tried using Lift off for your Sim? I’ve tried the Dji virtual thingy, adjusted my rates and what not but didn’t really gel with it.
After having a blast on lift off for a few hours I had a crack at manual mode and seemed to have got it sussed to decent degree.

1 Like

Same here. Couldn’t get on with the DJI one, but Liftoff is great. Still crap at manual though. I start to get somewhere, but then go out with the camera drones for the day on a shoot. I think mixing the two is slowing my progress.

You cannot serve two masters, Daniel-san. :grin:

I think I’m having the same issue. It’s like swapping from Pro Evo soccer to playing Fifa, my lad always uses to smash me at Fifa because the buttons were slightly different :joy:. I guess it’s just practice, practice, practice then!

Hmmm changing to angle mode from acro for the whoops… Well that did my head in for 2 hours on Sunday! To the point I tried acro around the track… Acro trainer isn’t a bad mode to learn on…

But with sims you need WEEKs I hear, rather than hours/days! We will all take to it at different speeds, but stick with liftoff/velocidrone and it will come! And DEINATELY master manual before flying the DJI FPV on manual… I’d had about 10 months manual/acro flying before the DJI FPV, and so glad I did, as I REALLY don’t want to crash that one!!

I’ll keep at it then. Cheaper than trashing the drone.

Exactly, and TBH I wouldn’t be using a DJI FPV for manual practice! Though you got the avata, which by the looks of things is MASSIVELY stronger. You do crash… it’s part of the hobby, though I’ve not crashed the FPV. Had it go out of range more than once, and RTH, but never crashed it yet…

1 Like