Avata Collision

I’ve tried manual on the DJI FPV twice. But that was at 300 feet up in the wide open countryside. It is too fast to learn, especially considering how fragile and expensive it is. Hence buying the Avata. I will continue with that, plus manual training in the sim, before progressing.

2 Likes

You can come and join us on a [Thursday] sim session and we can all be crap together. :laughing:

I’m genuinely envious of all your patience with the SIM - I have Liftoff and after 23 hours practicing for the DJI FPV I had the feeling that progressing would be horrendously slooooow. Not only because the flight training is in some weird world of TRON and makes me car sick!

Also I wasn’t sure how realistic it would be so I got out for some flying in N, S and then finally M mode and haven’t looked back. Still, I’m crap at aerobatics but I’ll put in an entry into the Rubik’s Cube Challenge… well, someone’s gotta come last:-D

Exactly why I bought the Avata I know in manual mode I’d inadvertently end up turning the FPV into confetti with the Avata I should be able to learn the muscle memory crash it once or twice before I unleash my newfound skills on the FPV & fly it as it was intended ? Or I’ve over estimated my skill level :thinking: Oh well time will tell !

Right, update.

@group-dji-avata

I really nice chap named Jez @Earwig made me a battery clip for my Avata (and a spare!).

It fits like a glove. No Ace Ventura pun intended. I’m out to test it (with my flying skills tomorrow), but I have tried to remove the battery, ‘with great gusto’, and it doesn’t budge.

Just wanted to thank Jez for a sterling service. Very nice gesture, and what makes GADC what it is.

I’ve included some photos of the ‘Earwig Avata Clip’ attached. In case you can’t make it out, it clips through the rear arms and 'click’s under them. And as a bonus, the clip has cutouts allowing you to power on/off the battery, and see it’s charge LEDs.

Cheers Jez :pray:

2 Likes

Great that mate👍. No holding back on smashing the gate posts or Stonehenge thingies now then!
Just watch if you are going a bit mad with Mr Avata, yeh it can take some stick on the prop guards, but a direct hit on the gimble has a chance of pulling them fiddly little grommets out. Not proper damage, but a right bar steward to get back in😡.

Awesome footage tho :+1::+1:

Question, have your goggles fogged up? Mine did today for the first time. It was about 7°c at the time, so I am guessing it’s weather related.

No mate. I was out early doors yesterday also, and probably around the same temp.
I’ve been conscious of the fact that they could, after other people’s fogging up, but they never have. The thing I’m putting it down to at the mo is having a big nose :joy:. The fit to the goggles is not the best and they arnt made for people with large konks like me so I’m guessing with the bad fit there is more better air circulation?:thinking:
I do get light leaks though, but if I position myself right, that’s sorted quickly.

1 Like

Just to finish this one off (maybe), here’s the STL files.

Tagging @group-dji-avata in case it’s of interest.

1 Like

Cheers mate, might give one a go. I’ve been using just a Velcro strap, but your little gizmo looks quite sexy👍

1 Like