Avebury Henge - 280 image pano

Looking forward to one of your step-by-step "How to … " posts. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

One of the reasons I like messing with ODM, is that you can (with some twiddling) produce 1-2cm per pixel resolution elevation maps. Fascinating to see features not visible on the ground pop out.

Their online web hosted free version is fine to have a play, but the 3 day auto-deletion thing is a pain - but understandable.

Users have the following options:

1. Use the free cloud hosted version above
  2. Pay a one off £57 for desktop installer so that you run it all on your own computer/laptop
  3. Manually install it yourself and self host it using Docker Desktop

Full instructions for option 3 is here, which is what I have done.

Notice the localhost in my url below.

I have the £57 version, but I’m starting to hit the capabilities of my computer … :frowning:

Just need to persuade my partner that an upgrade only costs £50

More memory?

Yeees?

(And the processor, graphics card, motherboard but she doesnt need to know that )

I’m lucky in that she has no interest whatseover in my hobbies, outside of 'can you make X for Y’s birthday, wedding etc)

Brilliant :laughing:

Wow this is great!

1 Like

I need a much bigger TV … and an 8k one at that.

Amazing - I can not see a stitch mark at all. You have to have this as a poster ?

I reckon the trailer needs the side wrapping.

1 Like

I think I need some to. This software sure is power hungry, especially if you choose not to reduce the image - which is the default setting.

It also depends on the number of images that are being processed. In my case 280 images, so I am guessing it needs at least 20 GB of memory available.

Not even close :wink:

• 8K TV resolution = 7,680 x 4,320 pixels = 33 Megapixels
  • Pano resolution = 35,199 x 34,555 pixels = 1,220 Megapixels

You would need 37 x 8K TVs to have enough pixels :flushed:

It’s close enough … to view small parts at 100%.

But bigger parts than I can see on my laptop at 100%.

I hadn’t considered that - but it’s a bloody good shout. The largest ‘large format printers’ I have found is 3m x 2m by Digital Plus.

Since it’s the image is square, it would be great as a 2m x 2m print, at the end of my office wall :star_struck:

#TrailerWrap :+1:

Argh - I’m torn! Both great ideas, and the GADC box trailer would make more sense … and I know a man who can :+1:

Just got to think of a subject to do the same on the other side.

Any National Trust site … just to wind them up :grin:

And if they object re copyright, simply direct them to the Google Earth imagery …