If I knew how to I would :joy:

1 Like

Thats your job for the day ;o)

needs 5 working days notice :wink:

What does?

A NOTAM

I have just done one for today at 11.10, check Dronescene

1 Like

That’s a “Flight Report” … not a NOTAM. Very different things.

Which is why they have their own layers …

2 Likes

:running_man:

Their policy is out-of-date in half a dozen ways. They have no understanding of the current regulations. They confuse their “policy” with “regulations”. They “require” to be contacted, when of course they don’t. They think they can “deny” a request to fly, when they have no such legal power. They think there’s a distinction between commercial and recreational flight when there isn’t.

I would be super-polite with them, and note that they will be less likely to secure the cooperation of drone operators and pilots if their policy does not reflect their actual legal powers (none) and the regulations that actually apply (different to what they think). People will quite rightly ignore them.

PS: Good to see a planned flight report appear for Portland beach live while I was typing this! Have a nice flight, @Sparkyws !

2 Likes

Better get me skates on! :joy:

These were taken in Portland yesterday, ex RFA Tristram and USN Osprey

4 Likes

Where was your TOAL?

1 Like

Not my pics, taken by a friend on a newer RFA berthed in Portland NB

Ooooo the Osprey. My favourite. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I bet his TOAL was the heli landing deck on his ship

2 Likes

I wouldn’t advise using the Mini2 over this weekend at Portland. I’m going to be staying at Littlesea holiday park for the next 4 days and the wind speeds the days before and after Saturday are in the 40’s. Granted, it looks like it’ll calm down a bit on Saturday itself as the forecast currently stands, but I’d not count on it.

Excellent Idea…Lets all Send them a :fu:

You can be too nice to them…So save your Time and just give them the BIRD…Lol

Good One…Lol…Like your way of putting things… :smiley:

Has anyone sent the Portland Harbour Authorities an Email informing them of a Mass Flyover ???
Would be interesting to see their reaction… :grin: