Barony Colliery A Frame

The Barony A Frame is a preserved headgear in East Ayrshire, Scotland, located 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) west of Auchinleck. It was built in 1954 as part of the modernisation of the Barony Colliery, which had been opened in 1907.[1]
The colliery closed in 1989, and in 1990 the winding engine houses, generating station and water-treatment works, as well as the A frame, were given listed building status, as category B listed structures.[2][3]
It is the last remaining example of its type in Britain, and was restored in 2007 by the Barony A Frame Trust. Over £1 million was spent refurbishing the structure, including funding from Historic Scotland and the Heritage Lottery Fund. The A-frame was reopened by Prince Charles, the Duke of Rothesay in January 2008.

4 Likes

Oops.
Car at start going backwards and factory chimney at 02.22 sucking the smoke back in lol.

Should really pay more attention when reversing footage.

Fixed