Barr Beacon, West Mids - GADC Mini Meet Nov 2023

Good Afternoon all, I hope that you all enjoying the weekend and the little sun that we are having :slight_smile:

I have just uploaded my 2nd ever video that I have edited to YouTube. Its from when I met up with Russ @Foley Sarah @FoleyMrs and a few others at Barr Beacon back in Nov '23.

I have only just got around to editing and uploading it. I know its not perfect and still needs work but I am still learning but hope that it has come out ok?

12 Likes

Hey that is looking good. Nice to see it. Well done. Will be getting back up the air soon as the weather is giving us a few chances to get out there.

2 Likes

Thank you very much Russ, that is appreciated. Still got sone work to do but in time i am sure things will improve.
Yes it certainly is and will be good to fet back out there flying again and get some more practice in

2 Likes

Looks OK to me mate, nice one!

John

3 Likes

Looked cool to me. :clap:

3 Likes

Thank you John. Hooefukky we can meet up soon for a fly now the better weather seems to be on the way

3 Likes

Thank you Colin much appreciated

3 Likes

What editing program did you use John ?

3 Likes

Morning John, i used Capcut on my mobiles. I did try Capcut on my laptop but i dont think my laptop is powerful enough for editing.

2 Likes

Fab video. Was a great little meet :+1:

2 Likes

I don’t use Capcut, but use DaVinci Resolve. I noticed that the video is slightly jittery ( more noticeable on the shots where your panning the drone around) My first videos used to do that until someone told me to set the frame rate of the project to the same frame rate the original video was taken with. In Resolve, I set the project frame rate to 30 fps,which is the rate I’ve got set on my drone to shoot video in. Smooths the video. :wink::wink:
Not a criticism at all

2 Likes

Thank you Sarah much appreciated. I agree it certainky was and was good meeting up with you guys again xhooefulky we can do it again soon though x

1 Like

Thank you John for that info, that is really useful to know and much appreciatedand I will bare that in mind for my next video. Dont worry i didnt take it as a criticism at all, i am still new to all of this and took it as a useful tip to help me improve and that is what i like about this group everyone is help and willing to share their knowledge and tips unlike some other groups i have been apart of om facebook.
I did look at Resolve but found it a little daunting to use as my first time editing plus its to power to run on my laptop, when i upgrade my laptop sometime in the future i might look at it again and try it out

1 Like

I don’t know / haven’t used Capcut, but ( sure someone who does will correct me if I’m wrong ) I’d have thought you’d be able to set the frame rate of a new project to match the frame rate the original video was shot in. :wink::wink:

2 Likes

I have had a look this evwning and it dies look like you xan change the frane rate for exporting so will have to try it again and see if it makes any difference and makes it smoother

1 Like

I’m sure it will John. When I first started creating and editing videos, the small judder when panning round was noticeable. Now, matching frame rates ensures this doesn’t happen. In DaVinci Resolve, you get a warning saying the frame rates do not match ( even when you set the frame rate of the project to match the original frame rate the video was taken in) A bit disconcerting at first, but now I “think” I know what I’m doing a bit better. Suzanne ( Albion Drones) has done a series on here about the editing process on here. ( I’m interested in learning colour grading). I’m sure if you ask her for advice, she’ll point you in the right direction. :wink::wink:

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice John it is appreciated, I will make sure that i do this in my future edits. DR seems to be a popular software so might have to give it another go when i eventually upgrade my laptop.
i am hoping that i get better the more i do editing.
Oh has she i will have to have to try and find it and have a look. Maybe @AlbionDrones can help me find it. I really like Suzance stuff she produced some great videos