Battery Storage

The M3Pro uses Li-Ion not LiPo batteries, so there’s absolutely negligible chance of the batteries catching fire.

Even the dangers of the LiPo ones are overexaggerated. (but I would use a LiPo fireproof bag if taking LiPo batteries on a plane)

1 Like

I’m confused. My M3Pro batteries are marked “Lithium-ion polymer” which according to the interweb is a LiPo battery. They are also marked “Li-ion 20” The manual describes them as “18650 Li-ion”. :upside_down_face:

All LiPo batteries are LiIon, not all LiIon batters are LiPo.

1 Like

Hmm, now I’m also confused!

That’s the important bit.

1 Like

Is that a Mavic 3 Pro? Or a Mini 3 Pro? :thinking:

OK, I was wrong, sorry. (image below shows “Lithium Ion Polymer”)
They are LiPo
So you should use a LiPo bag if flying.

Only if you think there’s a significant chance of someone driving a four inch nail through them in flight.

Maybe if you’re planning on checking them in, but most airlines won’t allow that anyway.

Oh, that’s a completely ridiculous naming convention!
So I was right in the first place!!

When I suggested using a LiPo fire bag, it was only really to placate the airlines, who might insist on it.

1 Like

Mini 3 Pro. Sorry for adding to the confusion. It was already confusing enough.

2 Likes

Not found one that does, but, like unicorns, there are stories of their existence…

We have an old phone battery here that has a bulge in it. I think it is time for it to go, it is about 15 years old ha ha.

I also have an old TANDY battery that the last time I checked it was still full power.