Battery Temp no longer showing on Airdata

Might need to ask if the temp data from the DAT file can be uploaded to sync with the TXT file …. LOL
Doubt they’ll change their uploads.
If they allowed DAT uploads, that would be useful!

Have you asked if they contacted DJI to find out if things will change in the future?

I did indeed:

1 Like

His response today:

He ignored my question completely, “Have you raised this issue with DJI?”

My response, which includes asking the same question again:

It was at that point I went digging and found a full on red herring that I hadn’t spotted earlier.

This flight, with 4.1.22 and battery temp:

I took a closer look at the battery details for this flight.

It flatlines…

21.10C from start to finish. That NEVER happens:

So the one flight I thought had captured battery temperature, actually hadn’t :frowning_face:

Bollocks.

Yup, sure enough…

Personally, I take that to read “No, we haven’t reported it to DJI because they don’t give a shit anyway” :slightly_frowning_face:

Sorry Dave, looks like you’re stuck with this bug mate :-1:

1 Like

I wonder if 4.2.18 will work with my modded firmware?
Not panos, obv, but I have two devices. :wink:

Just to add confirmation to the confirmation, this is definitely a GO4 bug as my last few flights have been with Litchi and sure enough, every single one of them has battery temperature data :+1:

GO v3 for the Inspire also records battery temps correctly.

Anyone running a newer version of GO4 and can confirm if their battery temp data is being recorded correctly?

1 Like

And I can’t get Litchi to save any data to the phone! #Grrrr

About to do a factory reset on my phones and swap the drone/phone usage. That may solve the problem.

So if you try to sync to AirData from within Litchi itself, no go?

Is it just a permissions setting gone wrong?

1 Like

Litchi just isn’t saving the data to the phone. I know where the data should be … empty folder.

Flew (offline!) with my phone today while my CSU is out of action, using the latest iOS GO4 v4.3.12 :scream:

Spot anything? :smiley:

When did this get fixed? :thinking:

(MP fw is .700 still)

Oooooo! I’m still using a semi-old Go4. I might have to investigate.

Ummmm …. I know it was a short flight, but there were two other similar flights, and no temps reported.

I recall that originally you “sometimes did log them and sometimes didn’t” for no apparent reason.

I think you manage to get a “sometimes did”.

Will be interesting to see if you have them back permanently.

Maybe they re-introduced the bug in .14 :rofl:

Hopefully I’ll be back flying with my custom app on the CS again soon, but if I am forced to use my phone I’ll keep an eye on battery temp data!

1 Like

Thinking about it - this is all very odd! … because it’s not showing with Litchi flights, either.
So - does this mean it’s not a Go4 issue?
You’ve been on a way old MP firmware, and mine almost as old, and it was working for both of us but now it isn’t (most of the time, for you, at least).
So - battery firmware?
This all really makes no sense … that it was working …. then it isn’t …. and for you neither the MP firmware or CS Go4 changed … but then something must have changed. But what?

Mine stopped logging after a updating the firmware in early Sept 2017.
I also know that included a battery firmware update … because it bricked one of my batteries. I also know that the replacement battery had to be updated too.
I’m beginning to think it’s battery firmware related to that update.
And I’ve not done any battery firmware updates since. (Nor do I know if there have been any - since I’m stuck back on modded whatever MP firmware.)

Do Mavic 2’s not report battery temperature ??

Depending on firmware/software, it’s not being reported for some time on several models.