Beacon Golf Course Meeting V1.5 this Wednesday 9th August at 6PM

Hi Russ, It’s no biggie mate. Not everyone can make every meet for various reasons.

The beauty of this forum is you can start your own meet up. Anytime weather permits, and at a location that suits both of you.

If you have a place, start a meet up thread. I’ll come for sure. And you’re always welcome at our club field. When it’s not raining :+1:

Plus, the more meet ups we have, the more confident people are about getting out. Simply because we have met them face to face.

4 Likes

It is just finding one suitable. The one I fly now and again does have dog walkers which is a shame. I get away with it as I take off when clear and keep clear of them. Not sure what would happen if there was a pile of people turn up. I am going to be looking around for somewhere where we would be able to fly. Also if I find somewhere I would like something there to be of interest as I think people may get a bit bored with just a field. I am looking around to see what is available. Watch this space… Who knows, I may find one.

2 Likes

We actually wanted to … Just was unsure with a few things

Happy to come down for a meet near you if the opportunity presents itself and we are free…

Let me know once you find somewhere :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool, well I am on the hunt…

1 Like

Let me know when you are there and “we” will pop over

That place was good as close to car.

If that was a Saturday evening - that could make sense generally - I might be able to merge with something else that I need to do north of the M4. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s a good place. Because when @Steviegeek and I crash, we can just throw everything in the car and drive to the crash spot :laughing:

1 Like

Lucky @bmsleight not flying, your car would run out of fuel (Sorry Brendan :smiley:)

just don’t loose your car key in the long grass

Just a slight concern over that that i thought of this evening.
The site seemed to be getting quite popular as the mirning went on. And that was with shit weather in the morning.
I would expect on a nice day in the evening it will be relatively busy.
Just a consideration.

I agree but we won’t know till we try it, the other option is to move further down away from the path

And… It’s taken me two years but I’ve been down to a very local ( 1 mile away).field twice this week which has kids and dog walkers on it… I’m allowed to fly my drones, wings and planes as much as they allowed to walk their dogs or kick a ball. Keep me distance on take off and landing and don’t over fly em. Have me spotter…

Only a few people yesterday (and yeah was cool with @Sparkyws chasing the bikes), but did one have an issue? Yes I know the weather probably kept it quieter, but I guess the country park next door far busier.

Still, it’s just only recently occured to me that I have as much right to fly there as people do to walk their dogs etc… I do ask if I’m on the ground if the dog will get nervous, but … Meh…

3 Likes

No i fully get that and agree 100% on our right to do it.
Im just thinking as we may want to go there regularly in the future, it may be worth not pissing the locals off too quickly. As said it’s just something for us to consider if there is going to be a crowd of us.

2 Likes

If it’s convenient to someone, perhaps a couple of Sat pm/early evening recces can be done?

1 Like

I’ll see what I can do this w/e (need to check with boss… happy wife happy life)

2 Likes

@robertspark If you see a ford key fob let me know.
:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

One reason i do not want to create a meet too close to us. Last thing i wanna do is upset neighbourhood. Lived here all life and the people i know are happy with my drone. Some moan when a local bunch turn up at the other side of park with RC petrol cars. Noise travels despite being a big space

Yeah I don’t fly anything in my garden (well it’d only be a mini launch or tinywhoops it’s small), because I just don’t want to annoy the neighbours.

But like I said elsewhere, in a park… We’re allowed, safety in numbers good too, heh! It’s not a daily thing we do, though I may nip down the park more often tbh (still need a reg. spotter), lol!