Beacon Golf Course Meeting V1.5 this Wednesday 9th August at 6PM

NEW Date This Wednesday the 9th August at 6PM

Ok I know its short notice BUT
If anyone is free this Wednesday 9th in the evening around 6 pm I am up for a meet
The one @stevesb has organised is still on, that’s this Sunday 13th Here
The Weather looks good on Wednesday, so let me know if you are up for it

4 Likes

Golden hour towards the end of summer would be great.

I’d even bring a drone :blush:

That’s the rest of this century out the window, then. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup, up for that, as long as I’m not away with work…

Just to be a bit cheeky, does anyone fancy letting me have a go with an Avata? Anyone got a Mavic 3 Pro they want to come and show me too? :slight_smile:

:+1:

:+1:

2 Likes

You should have asked on Sunday, so yes you can have a go :+1:

2 Likes

Definitely up for an evening meet with better weather, just need a couple of days notice to confirm.

3 Likes

Thanks Wayne, appreciated… Tbh I wasn’t feeling confident enough to ask at the weekend, I don’t like to push in when I first meet folks, I have suffered with low self confidence at times :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I get that, next time you can defo have a fly :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers, and thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should you choose to do a day meeting again, I’d be interested in attending.
I’m sure that @milkmanchris & @speatuk would be interested too

1 Like

Apologies that I missed out on this opportunity, family bereavement took care of the weekend. Would love to join you all again and dust the cobwebs off my drone, it’s been probably two years
since it had an outing.

2 Likes

Sacha did at the big meet. I think he flew it nearly as much as Wayne. :rofl:
Don’t be afraid to ask. The worst you will get us a polite no.

4 Likes

In Wigan?

Will we all live that long?

They have intrigued me. They look pretty cool. Don’t have one. That was one I would consider when I am being silly getting another one.

I’m going to get another couple of avata batteries plus I’ll swap the rc-n1 for the goggles if anyone wants to have an FPV go with a MP3… I was going to do it Sunday but I ended up short of time as I needed to be back for 12 before parent duties

can’t wait it was fun

I’d be interested in coming over.
I would have been there last weekend if I hadn’t caught another bout of Covid which pretty well knocked me out for a week.

I have low self confidence and some of the people here will have noticed that I over think and try to apologise for overthinking. One of the reasons for this is I do not want to upset anyone GADC are my adopted family. It is my happy place. I enjoy coming to the forums, this meet was a shame that we never got there, however I had only saw the forum of this meet the night before the meet. We had a full car sitting in the garage and at about midnight I was in the back drive emptying it, and also trying to get everything charged. To to bed early for a change (about 3am lol) and was up early and started to read the messages. There was good and bad with weather and through the added fear that people were going to be leaving on a hike to go and see other things we did think on this occasion that it may not be worth the drive. The rain would have been a bit of a downer but sitting in a car park full of empty cars was not appealing ha ha. We also did not want anyone to feel obliged to hang back. Seeing the pictures looked like people stayed on the course which is an option for next time. I look forward to making friends at each meet. GADC have some of the nicest people you can meet and I am proud to be a member.

3 Likes

So yes if the date is suitable then we are intersted in coming…

1 Like

The grass is green in the north west. Lots of rain and lots of dog Sh!t@

1 Like