Beacon Park - Near Clubhouse - Added to Forests and Trees in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Great location for the second 2023 NW Grey Arrows meet up, easier to park and facilities a short walk away with less dog walkers coming through. Great location for a flight…

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 13/08/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

Some great footage Suzanne @AlbionDrones as always. Hope you all had a great time at the meet

1 Like

Thanks John, it was a good meet, cake, good folks, drones flying and plenty of chat… And I got to play with an Avata, a MINI3 Pro with Goggles and Motion Control and a MAVIC3, too many choices, too many temptations :wink:

I’ve flown here too @AlbionDrones :grin:

2 Likes

Brilliant, I wish I could of joined you but we had already made plans, next time hopefully :blush:

No worries you are welcome. Glad that you had a good time at the meet. Hopefully i will get to some meets in the future when ive upgraded my drone if one isnt work :blush: i bet that the meet was worth it just for the cake haha oh wow that is fab, bet you had a fab time flying all of them, i bet its a different experience flying with googles on? Do you think you will get any of them in the future?

Flying with a set of goggles, so in FPV mode on the MINI3 Pro or AVATA is actually really cool… I came away wanting an AVATA as well as a larger cinematic drone - which may be an AIR3 or a MAVIC3 Pro, but need to sort the pennies out before we can get either…

1 Like

Oh really yeah i bet it is and probably addictive at flying as well. Yeah some of the prices of then they are not cheap but i am sure you will get there though in time. May Mr Albion Drone aka @dobby can surprise you at christmas with one haha

I am sure he would love to surprise me with one, but its about the costs, we do ok, but a spend of well over a grand for a drone and fly more kit and Care Refresh is definitely something we would need to consider - unless we win one in the GADC Competitions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Told you all it was great! :rofl:

1 Like

1 Like

Around ten other people need to hit the green button :blush:

2 Likes

I am only messing but it is such a big expense for the drone on its own let alone the extras to go with it as well. Oh that would be so fantastic wouldnt it, i will have my fingers for you.

Are these worth getting as ive been looking at them for when i eventually upgrade?

Definitely worthwhile, the Fly more kit triples your airtime and gives yu the bag and multicharger, the Care Refresh is for when things unexpectedly go wrong - as they did with my MINI3 Pro one night just before the Orkney trip, yet a refurbished drone arrived 38 hrs after informing DJI of the issue, saving the holiday to Orkney :slight_smile:

Thank you for that. I was thinking the flymore to give me the additional batteries for more flying timexand also a bag to keep everything together. I was looking at the care fresh as a just in case situation as you say things can go wrong. Was looking care fresh and other insurance providers to see what they offer but the care fresh one looks pretty good and that is good on how quick you got your replacement i prob go for the DJI and keep it all with them

Totally up to you, there are other good Insurance providers, but for me DJI came up trumps, saved my holiday with great service, but that is just my opinion…

1 Like

I appreciate your opinion and also your experience with them when you needed to use them. Its good to see what other think