Best 3D printer

:grin: Well it’s always handy to have one spare if the rest are busy

1 Like

Swings and roundabouts, Rich.

I do have a 3D printer, but it is only small and I must confess to not understanding much about the subject.

My mum always said “It’s not the size, it’s what you can do with it!!”

2 Likes

This looks like the way I will go , thanks all for your input…

Mr @Njoro, please what printer do you have? I’ve been thinking about a Prusa MK3. Anyone else have recommendations?

QIDI Tech 1 dual, basically the same as the Flashforge and Makerbot all enclosed, good for ABS printing.

3 Likes

I’m selling these on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284218805799

2 Likes

Definitely. I wish I could afford one.

2 Likes

I have already got one now, Thank you …

I’ve got one of these

https://www.dremeleurope.com/general/en/dremel®digilab3dprinter3d45-7911-ocs-c/

Works very well.

2 Likes

Oh dear! My finger appears to have slipped.

7 Likes

Can’t go wrong with prusa. I have the mini and it’s by far the best printer I have owned! The it just works of the printing world, not to mention the 24x7 live chat support

Great choice!

2 Likes

I am so tempted …

1 Like

Did you use someone else’s design or do your own?

1 Like

Hi Gordon.
I always design from scratch. Never use published drawings. The Air 2 clips took about 10 hours and 8 test printing runs to get the shape right.
Cheers

1 Like

Looking at printers for my father in law as a retirement gift from the fam, needs to be easy to use both printer and software. I see there are some listed above but I’m still clueless.

If you experts wouldn’t mind listing the top 3 for a budget of around 500 bucks I would much appreciate it.

Im looking at the CREALITY 3D ENDER-6 on Tech Outlet

I have Qidi Tech i-Mate S, my third enclosed printer which has worked flawlessly. Having tuned it to simplify3D slicer software I’m now at the stage of simply loading the filament and let print. I print on the PEI sheet directly without any glues or release agents, basically plug and play.

Customer support is the best I’ve ever know on any product I’ve bought over the last 20 years. They respond within 24 hours despite time difference’s. I had a slight hiccup with a firmware update, they asked for a video of the printer working which showed the X / Y axis were reversed and within hours they’d nailed it and emailed me the corrected firmware.

QIDI Tech i-Mate S: The Most Precise 3D Printer? - YouTube

I’ve had the Ender 6 for a little over a year now and once you have it dialled in, it’s a great printer. If you are starting out, I have to admit I almost launched the thing out into the street a few times. The bed levelling was painful due to the bed springs. I’ve only upgraded the bed springs for poly bushes as the springs are garbage, the rest of the printer is stock. Other than that you can get great quality even at higher speeds. No complaints here and its been a real work horse for the last 10 months.

Poly bushes for the bed and a set of feller gauges are a must imo.

Thanks mate, Yeah the videos I’ve watch for the setup they used a piece of paper to gauge the gap. Real professional lol. does look pretty decent though. :+1:
Think He’d like the building side of it too as he builds PC’s.

This looks pretty good too. Straight out the box which I like. I’ve to the weekend to make a choice. but these two seem to be top so far.

Thanks guys.