Best 3D printer

There’s one on eBay at £250, if he did get the QIDI and pay for simplify3D software I’ll share my tune or as you said he likes tinkering, a guide on how to.

Wifi too which helps.

I can’t see if the Ender 6 is WiFi?

If you do go for it, let me know and I can screen shot some of my settings for pla to use in Cura and send them across for you. Creality recommend slicer, but i’d jump straight to cura (both are free) as its basically the same program but more options for things like supports, calibration etc.

Lastly a number of people say the supplied pla is not good, personally I had no issues with it, so it might be worth getting another roll as a backup. You’ll get through the supplied roll pretty quickly in any case.

no wifi on the ender 6, and the creality wifi module is not good either from what I have read.

Thanks guys, I’ll keep you posted.

Is he going to be looking in your direction for tech support on this one Steve?

1 Like

Most definitely mate, I will be the middleman between him and here :rofl:

1 Like

Could you use that as an excuse to buy one for yourself too?

You know, so you could provide even better support? :wink:

Like your thinking. I’ll just choose a complicated one and maybe he’ll just say ‘‘here, you have it, its to hard’’ :smiley: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

tbh, We see each other quite often anyway so I’ll go on the basis of what’s his is mine :joy:

Depends what he plans to print with it?

If its just PLA PETG then the Ender 7 would be fantastic its worth the extra cash for the CoreXY.

If he wants to print TPU and flexible filaments then I’d be looking at the Ender 3 S1 Pro for its direct drive and auto bed leveling sensor :+1:t2:

1 Like

Could be anything… I honestly can’t answer that. I’m guessing everything and anything from thingaverse and the like. models for the grandkids, drone bits for me, PS5 bits for me, Other bits… for me. :joy:

Noticed the Qidi only has a 200mm print height as supposed to the Ender 400mm
Would he need the extra height, that is the question :exploding_head:

I guess:

:man_facepalming:

One thing he is planning on printing (he doesn’t know it yet) is headphone stand for me. :smiley: So the extra height would be handy.

Print in two parts then glue it… :thinking:

Sounds like youre preparing for a move into fpv and making sure you have someone that can print off all your new quad parts :wink: lol

I have an Ender 3 and it’s fine but it’s been a long road of upgrades to get it reliable, quiet and enjoyable.

1 Like

The latest Ender 3 (the S1 Pro) has all the most popular upgrades already installed and only cost £5 more than if you brought the base ender 3 and the upgrades to install yourself. No brainer really lol

2 Likes

But I had to factor in the “it’s only £150 though” when I first got it. After that, you don’t have to explain the cost of a direct drive!

1 Like

This one Deano?