Best 3D printer

It’s certainly one of my favourites. Wouldn’t want it all over my printer bed though. :laughing:

On a sensible note, my slicer sets the bed temperature at zero (ambient) for TPU and I’ve never had any adhesion issues. In fact, I’ve actually heated the bed to 50-60 after printing to help removal. :person_shrugging:

The thing with 3D printing is there is no right way or wrong way its finding what works for you :+1:t2:

Which is exactly why I got my printer for free, the muppets that were using it could never get it to work so they bought a new one to replace it. I got it home, done the bed and nozzle height and had my first print out in half an hour :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, most important thing about 3D printing is the 1st layer. :grin: its the foundation for the rest of the print.

1 Like

This has gone way off topic now we should jump over to the new thread I’ve just created.

General 3D printing chit chat

@PingSpike Rich if you want to tidy up this thread a bit and move the last few posts over to the general chat.

I have it slightly higher than with pla and PETG and have now resorted to pritt stick for that as well as pla/petg now. Works a treat. In using saints smart TPU. Windolene gets pritt stick off (or cheap home bargains blue window cleaner). Works well for me but there are other good bits of advice out there

1 Like

I have an ultimaker 2+ for some time now and I get excellent results

1 Like

Done! Ordered :

Thank for all your input folks :+1: let’s hope he’s (me) happy with it. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

You won’t regret , I love mine and only had for 2 days lol Well done taking the step!!

1 Like

When is delivery day @McSteamy2010 ?

1 Like

You have 6th Senses Deano :exploding_head:

2 Likes

It won’t be unboxed until the 25th May though, his retirement day.

Don’t you need to test it first?

Imagine your his disappointment if it didn’t work :pensive:

Tempting! :joy::joy:

Just Imagine all them plastic things you can make !!! I made my wife a Ipad stand and she is so happy, and quiet now, it works a treat !!

Like you’ve never said that before

That would be my 600mm lens, that I’m still not supposed to be using till the 26th of this month :grimacing: :rofl:

Ender 3 S1 is a superb machine, mine printed straight from out of the box and works everytime I use it.

2 Likes

broke your printer yet @McSteamy2010 :rofl:

Lol, it’s not even been unboxed yet. he we unbox it on the 25th :laughing: