General 3D printing chit chat

Just a thread for random 3D printing chit chat.

4 Likes

I have two 3d printers, a Creality Ender 3 S1 and a Photon S, so, thought I’d come sit myself down here.

1 Like

Nice welcome to the party :grin:

Hi Guys

Anyone know where I can get some free good cad software, I have a .stl file of a box I want to change the size and shape… So I can slice and 3d Print.

Any ideas much appreciated thanks…

Google tinkercad :+1:t2:

If its just size then just scale it in the slicer

I tried Tinkercad there is a couple holes in the object I want to move tinker wont let me thanks

Tinker cad can do that just fine? Fill in the old one drop a ruler and messure out the new holes and make them?

1 Like

Ahhh!! I will try that thanks …

1 Like

+1 for Tinkercad as a beginner. If you’re more advanced or have the time there are better tools. But I do all mine in TC for now, as not got the time to learn one of the “pro” tools :slight_smile:

Some good short starts here: Learn how to use Tinkercad | Tinkercad

Loads more out there

1 Like

Thanks gunja … I am safe to use this , because its for kids too …
Very helpful , I will sit down later and probably get a cuppa and watch all the tutorials …

Many thanks…

I need to print this file Roller Derby Coaster by VitaminD3 - Thingiverse
However my printer at home is not working, but where I am working todayhas an ender 3 pro but nobody knows how to use it. Im busy downloading the software onto mylaptop, but looking for any straight forward settings to make it easy and quick as possible. Needing to ideally print 3 before I leave at 2pm. Any help or advice much appreciated.

Which slicer? I’ve been using Cura with my Ender 3 using default machine and generic TPU/PLA settings without issue. Doesn’t look like it’s a particularly complex print. :slight_smile:

creality slicer.

I’ve been able to blag a shot of the printer over the weekend :rofl:
As long as it is back in their factory sometime on Monday, happy days. Gives me some time to play about

Got home with the printer. The first thing I’ve noticed is that the eccentric bearings are slack which is causing slop and play on the bed. By the way, one of the reasons I got to take it home was because they couldn’t get decent prints, I told them I’d sort it in exchange for a couple days of use.
So that’s now sorted. Now to level the bed. Does anyone have a recommended, real world gap setting? On my own up mini I just use a bit of paper which works fine. Anything different for this machine? There seems to be various stuff on tinterweb but I just don’t have time to experiment for myself.

depends what hardware it has? if it has a BLTOUCH or similar then it just needs to be in the ball park and the sensor will do the rest.

if it has got an auto bed levelling sensor then just make sure to add G29 after the G28 within the start Gcode :+1:t2: this will enable the auto bed levelling before each print.

No self levelling im afraid. I went with 0.06mm to start, but it appears a bit too close, trying now with 0.1mm

the old paper trick then :rofl:

I have just finished setting up my Cr Touch on my Ender 3 pro , I levelled bed and did the paper trick , but with the ambient temperature being colder , I am finding the filament hard to stick to the bed …

So now I am going to try and set the bed to 70 degrees now not 60 …

All good fun

Oh!! I use Ultimaker Cura Version 5.2.1

what material is your bed made from? is it Glass, PEI or one of the magnet flex beds?