Best photo editing software

What do people recommend to edit photos and why??

Me I use Luminar 4 and photoshop … Luminar is the easiest thing I’ve ever used to edit with

Which platform / operating system?

Photoshop for me, been using it 30 years.

Depends what you want, luminar is ok, adds some nice effects with no effort, but the insistence on using ‘libraries’ is not for me (same with Lightroom).

There are some great lightweight freebies out there nowadays

Any … I’m on a iMac but can run windows

using Photoshop more and more Learning how to use it via YouTube videos it’s coming slowly

1 Like

GIMP on both Linux and Windows. It is also available for Mac - https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

GIMP for macOS

Note: the currently available package provides GIMP 2.10.14 and has not yet updated to the latest version, GIMP 2.10.20. We’re working on that, please check back later.

Download GIMP 2.10.14
via BitTorrent
Download GIMP 2.10.14
directly

The download links above will attempt to download GIMP from one of our trusted mirror servers. If the mirrors do not work or you would rather download directly from our server, you can get the direct download here.

Supported OS: macOS 10.9 Mavericks or over

Since the 2.8.2 version, GIMP runs on OSX natively. No X11 environment is required.

GIMP is a well-known, user-supported software - i.e. “Free” - and has a wide user base, plenty of discussion groups and several worthwhie third party add0ons

Have a look at Affinity, it’s a lot cheaper than Photoshop and has free updates.

Gimp is ok I ran it on an older MacBook when it didn’t have the grunt to run PS