Big Meet V2 - 10th - 12th June 2022

A personal thanks for giving me the first spin of a Drone in my life. I was unable to pick up the language you spoke. I thought it sounded English but I am not sure! respect and appreciation.

2 Likes

I was only at the meet for about 2 ½ hours on Sunday, but in that time I met with some very experience pilots giving me great advice from drone software to FPV advice , also it was great to put some face to the names we use, Hopefully next time I will be able to spend more time with you. It events like this that makes this club a great one to be part of.
Big thanks to the organisers :clap:

4 Likes

I managed 7 steps at 9 … into bed!

Warning: Oscars speech incoming ...

Special thanks to @notveryprettyboy Karl and @Njoro Lance for arranging the fantastic weekend :clap: I really do appreciate the effort you all put in. As mentioned already, it was great to finally put faces to names at long last. There was a load of FPVers there, but great to see some camera droners there too.

@Yith Richard, @SirGunner Steve and I were the last to leave the site. It was nice to meet Alex and Michael (site owners) just before we headed off. They were very welcoming. Michael seems like he wants to get into droning now.

Sorry to @Sparkyws Wayne for being a crap neighbour and thanks for putting up with me :pray:

And sorry to @anon52324101 for my ebike epic fail when you were leaving the site! :no_bicycles:

Thanks to @milkmanchris Chris for letting me have a bash on his DJI FPV. Wow, wow, wow. I heard they are good, but honestly didn’t realise how good :heart_eyes: If I didn’t have the FPV bug before, I do now :+1:

Also, thanks to @notveryprettyboy Karl for being a drinking buddy over the weekend :beers: Remind me never to try and keep up with him again :rofl: It is going to take a while before I am fully recovered!!!

Just want to say cheers to @speatuk Steve for just being all round decent chap. Great to meet you mate :+1:

Thanks to @Steviegeek Steve for doing the burger run - legend :clap:

Cheers to @Yith Richard for the entertainment, the extra tent and equipment, especially that ladder - and for putting up with our immature banter :joy: The Great Escape vid is priceless :clap:

Thanks to everyone who attended. It was an amazing weekend!

I got home at about 7pm. My mrs took one look at me and swore :laughing: I muttered something like “you should see the tree” and went for shower, food and a 10 hour kip :sleeping_bed: Woke at 7am today and feel like my legs have been slow roasted over a spit for 72 hours :persevere: I reckon I’ll be walking like John Wayne for a week :man_facepalming:

A few pics from the weekend …

15 Likes

Just 20 blokes in a field with their geeky toys (and tents and beer)

3 Likes

Big Meet 2022 Photo Competition
thread opening in a few hours
Watch this space :grinning:

3 Likes

Split personality…or maybe a glitch in the Metrix… :thinking:

1 Like

its here…

1 Like

Spoke too soon mate :laughing:

2 Likes

Really

5 Likes

Your knickers are showing….:roll_eyes:

1 Like

No shorts and his knackers would be showing! :see_no_evil:

1 Like

OK, I’ll go there… No t-shirt and his knockers would be showing. :coat: :running_man:

It was good to meet you too Chris.
Hope the legs are back to normal soon.

:blush::facepunch:t2:

3 Likes

Been to the farm to deliver the flowers and chocolates, all in we raised £345 of which £19 went to the flowers and chocolates. I had to leave them with John 70 years old who lives on site.

Chocolates £14.
Flowers £5.

Carried over for the next meeting here £1.

6 Likes

Lost and found….

3 Likes

Socialite Badges have been awarded for each of the 23 attendees.

This badge has been slightly tweaked.

Until now you got it just once … but this seemed to understate reality for those that have attended multiple meetups.

SO … this can now be awarded multiple times … from this event onwards! Backdating would be a frigging pain. Sorry.

5 Likes

Someone probably needed the first pair to find their second pair. :rofl:

#IKnowThatSituation

1 Like

Something a little more special is changing for the Facilitator badge.

#WatchThisSpace

2 Likes

Look’s like everyone had a good time definitely looking forward to next one

2 Likes