Blackpool NFZs

Has something changed in Blackpool?
I went to check for any DJI NFZ’s but there isnt one around the airport anymore…Im assuming the airport is still there and active?

All I’m seeing is this now

1 Like

Thanks… well, thats a bit of a glaring omission from DJI then.
So basically anywhere north of the central pier should be good.

Wouldn’t trust their mapping, or their made up NFZ shit either

@Diveuk is our resident Blackpool expert, he’ll be able to help out ;o)

1 Like

DJI crap geozones have never covered Blackpool airport, do not get caught out though, check Drone Scene and you will clearly see Blackpool NFZ. also the windmill at Lytham ST.Anns is NOT in either blackpool or Warton NFZ’s but according to DJI it is in a NFZ.

Yep, Central Pier and anywhere North of there is good, if you want to fly South of the pier Blackpool ATC are really helpful 0125347252.

I once contacted Warton ATC for permission to fly on a Saturday morning, the reply I got was “we don’t work weekends so carry on” but I still contact them out of courtesy.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks for the info.
Wil definitely get up there at some point soon.

Dji have never had the airport on for some bizarre reason.
But as above ATC are very helpful. And as Phil has said Warton are even better at the weekends the reply i got was “we are shut on Saturday, fill your boots”

1 Like

Hi Diveuk,

I just bought a DJI Mini Pro 3, got my Operator ID and Flyer ID and joined FPV.co.uk for Insurance and the benefits of article 16 authorisation. I live near Stanley park and noticed half of it is within the NFZ, and Stanley park has a notice up no model aircraft flying. Lawsons Road field is also in the NFZ but wondering if you can fly there with ATC authorisation? Do you have any experience with this? Also, if you are going out soon, weather permitting, I would luv to tag along and glean some of your knowledge and expertise. Cheers Steve

1 Like

@SteveLawlor if you tag @Diveuk withe the @ symbol he’ll get notified of your reply

He’s off off on jollies though till new year :sunny::us:

@milkmanchris cheers, thanks for that, steve

1 Like

Hi Steve @SteveLawlor i may be down in Blackpool at sometime over the Christmas break, if i come down i will try and give you a shout, to arrange a meet up.

1 Like

Hi steve, Blackpool ATC are very helpful and in my experience will usually grant any reasonable request. I have in the past got permission to fly South Pier and the Pleasure Beach with no problems, they do like some advance notice so a couple of days planning is usually required to be on the safe side. I do not have their contact number to hand but it is listed on their website and Drone Assist app.
I am away until 10 January but will contact you when I get back and arrange a fly together.
Also as far as the notice at Stanley Park goes as far as I know this is just a notice that has been put up to deter people, a recent FOI request can be found here…

1 Like

Thanks, give me a shout when you get back, have a great Christmas and New year.

Hi, thanks for that info as that was a question i posted as a new member from Warton.
Please let me know any more info you can share with me.