Blackpool Tower - Added to Historic Buildings in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

I parked at the side of the Tower on Victoria Street, but it was very early (6 am and a bank holiday)

https://goo.gl/maps/BjTeYXttgo7G1Gyv7

TOAL from the Comedy Carpet in front of the Tower

https://goo.gl/maps/1WU2sQeXFqhxZgfZ8

This was a Northwest GADC meet, more info here

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 07/04/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

was that really not on drone scene :scream:

2 Likes

I’ve flown here too @Sparkyws :grin:

2 Likes

No :joy:

Ive flown here! I love Blackpool!!

1 Like

Can’t believe it wasn’t already on !

The number of times I’ve flown there… :confused:

1 Like

2 Likes

@Sparkyws Ive been told that you cant fly over the tower and when I mentioned the Air Nav that allows for this I was told it’s a restricted area. It is not in a FRZ, or included in a byelaw, so is there any other reason why you can’t fly over the tower, other than having to obtain permission from the owner to fly up to 15m above that is? Thought you might know the area!

Who told you?

No

This is near the top

2 Likes

@Sparkyws Thx for the advise Wayne, I knew you were the man! Was a chap from the the Drone Show Live YT channel. He seemed quite certain about it despite giving no evidence. Didn’t seem that important for me to arguecthe toss, live anyway. :grin:

You got a link

Last Wed. Was in the live chat comments not the actual live conversation so you cant see them on the replay. They showed a vid of the tower that prompted me to comment "I wonder why nobody has flown over it in a vid?’
This was the show. It was no biggy but nice to know I was on the right track for a change. :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/live/VsmsUKglQzU?si=qAnel7wyE4H92bD6

1 Like

2 Likes

Anything to share? :hugs:

i knoW i was in the chat and 1 of my videos was shown for thew lights , and i know that the viewing platorm level is the limit where the drone tells you its max legal height. mean i know its just outside the FRZ blkpool airfeild etc,but long as you take off and dotn really go near the tower and not over it (over legal limit) , your good to fly round it

(enjoy this view! ha)

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

2 Likes

That’s what I thought, so as @Sparkyws Wayne attests, theoretically you can fly up to 15m over it iaw the ANO, with the owners permission, which TBH is highly (pun intended) unlikely! :rofl:

Great pic by the way. :+1:

1 Like

haha yea! , thanks :slight_smile: thoughjt it was fitting for the subject :stuck_out_tongue:

@Airlessmean absolutely Mike. :ok_hand:

1 Like

2 Likes