Bloody Buzzers

On the verge of giving up!! I will not fly without a buzzer, and can’t get mine working right (or at all!)

I’ve got the following two buzzers, neither of which can get working on my new build

Wiring diagram is as follows:

I wire the yellow (or green for the none vi finder v2 version) to Buz-, and the GND to GND, and then tried both the buz+ and the close by 5V. They are giving 5V. I’ve continuity checked the pads, I’ve even wired up a multimeter and seems they both giving 5V, and the “Buz-” when the beeper on fluctuates up and down. Setting DSHOT RX mode in BF also “buzzers” the motors, so the radios right…

Why is this so hard, and ready to chuck it all in… Also tested the buzzers with a 5V source (red/black charges it, red/yellow to gnd makes it buzz!) also used a different wire… Grrrrrrr

Also checked beeper_frequency = 0 in the cli of BF…

What does it say in CLI features for buzzer/bleeper ?
I suspect it’s not enabled :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here are any terms from a “dump all” from the CLI with beeper in it (checked for buzz too)

# resources
resource BEEPER 1 E03

# beeper
beeper GYRO_CALIBRATED
beeper RX_LOST
beeper RX_LOST_LANDING
beeper DISARMING
beeper ARMING
beeper ARMING_GPS_FIX
beeper ARMING_GPS_NO_FIX
beeper BAT_CRIT_LOW
beeper BAT_LOW
beeper GPS_STATUS
beeper RX_SET
beeper ACC_CALIBRATION
beeper ACC_CALIBRATION_FAIL
beeper READY_BEEP
beeper MULTI_BEEPS
beeper DISARM_REPEAT
beeper ARMED
beeper SYSTEM_INIT
beeper ON_USB
beeper BLACKBOX_ERASE
beeper CRASH_FLIP
beeper CAM_CONNECTION_OPEN
beeper CAM_CONNECTION_CLOSE
beeper RC_SMOOTHING_INIT_FAIL

set beeper_inversion = OFF
set beeper_od = ON
set beeper_frequency = 0
set beeper_dshot_beacon_tone = 1

tried a few things. Also can’t find a list of ALL cli settings on betaflight anywhere. i.e. what does beeper_od do?!

Oh also these, but think these are for the DSHOT motor “beeper”

# beacon
beacon -RX_LOST
beacon -RX_SET

@notveryprettyboy can you check this?
I’m not sure how BF handles this, I’m thinking the signal may no longer be on the normal buzzer pad :man_shrugging:t3:

I not changed any mapping or updated/flashed the FC at all btw. out the box config more or less (setup the ELRS RX and VTX table is all I’ve done so far)

Just thought would check with my other quad… And had wired the B- to 3.3V… doh! It worked though, weird. red and black were to 5v and gnd, and yellow/ to 3.3… Changed it and working fine. going to get the config off of that.

How that been flying for weeks OK! haha. Still that’s a side issue. The new FC is a H7 Diatone Mambo MK4 BTW the one not working!

Looking at the wiring diagram for that fc it only uses buzz+ and buzz- pads

yeah this is common though for the 3 wire buzzers with on board battey. You wire the 5V on the buzzer to either B+ or any 5V, the GND to GND and the yellow/green (on the cheaper amazon buzzers) to B-.

here is the config from the BabyHawk “now working properly as I had the B- to 3.3V on the FC!!!”

# name: Babyhawk II

# resources
resource BEEPER 1 C14

# beeper
beeper GYRO_CALIBRATED
beeper RX_LOST
beeper RX_LOST_LANDING
beeper -DISARMING
beeper ARMING
beeper -ARMING_GPS_FIX
beeper ARMING_GPS_NO_FIX
beeper BAT_CRIT_LOW
beeper -BAT_LOW
beeper -GPS_STATUS
beeper RX_SET
beeper -ACC_CALIBRATION
beeper -ACC_CALIBRATION_FAIL
beeper -READY_BEEP
beeper MULTI_BEEPS
beeper -DISARM_REPEAT
beeper ARMED
beeper SYSTEM_INIT
beeper -ON_USB
beeper -BLACKBOX_ERASE
beeper CRASH_FLIP
beeper -CAM_CONNECTION_OPEN
beeper -CAM_CONNECTION_CLOSE
beeper -RC_SMOOTHING_INIT_FAIL

# beacon
beacon -RX_LOST
beacon RX_SET

set beeper_inversion = ON
set beeper_od = OFF
set beeper_frequency = 0
set beeper_dshot_beacon_tone = 1

I actually changed the invesion settings and OD on the Mamba, and it’s working at last!! Blinking thing!

So to clarify I have the following settings on the MAMBA:

beeper_inversion = ON
beeper_od = OFF

Which were opposites to the defaults for the board… Spent 2 hours last night on this… What does OD do anyone?! I think I get inversion setting?!

BTW it’s wired for yellow to B-, GND to GND, and the Buzzer 5v to the FC 5V (not the b+)

Have no clue but Im sure one of the clever buggers in here will know :grin: Well done sorting it out :+1:t2:

Heh cheers. Think was Stevie’s comments on
cli settings and thinking of checking the babyhawk which glad I’m did as how that worked with the 3.3v wiring god only knows!

Now onto resource remapping for the babyhawk and using undocumented pads to get gps in that. Conformal coat them all and get them rebuilt!

1 Like

Man on a mission lol

Glad I was able to put you on the right track :+1:
Well done for sorting it :clap:

Ahhh @notveryprettyboy and @Steviegeek think this is my issue from yesterday as probably hard reset the board from 4.3 to 4.4 between checking the hardware…not home atm but fingers crossed this sorts it!

Actually the same H7 board so must be that. Wanna try now lol

Also need to get the new GPS units on…boom. SD cards arrived too. What a day!

I’ve ordered the ws pro for my 5" as the hdzero vtx is dying. If I get on with it, it’ll stay in there. Be here Wednesday

I also looked at your video of you flying my 5". You’re pretty quick on it

Yeah something very weird with that VTX… Though not had a chance to look at mine today. Was in bed all day long… Lol

What ya mean?

When you split s the gate. Was neat