Bloody Buzzers

I’ve never found out what beeper_od does…

Using a multi meter both 5v to GND and 5v to b- give 5v constantly…

“Open Drain”

i.e. the way the output transistor is wired…

Definition of Open-drain | Analog Devices.

So how the GPIO is configured for that port.

Looks like PP is “Push-Pull”

Your wiring may be PP rather than OD?

What is the FC?


board_name MAMBAH743
manufacturer_id DIAT

Right checked 4.3. This did work on bench when using 4S batteries last week. Can’t remember when I updated to 4.4.1 whether ti worked at all, and seems to be an issue with 6S. I’m pretty sure summit’s blown. It’s just seems to be constantly “live”

When you are reflashing are you applying a diff to it? It could be something in the diff…

I’ve done it with defaults… I’ve setup from scratch a number of times. I rarely use my “backup/presets”, prefer to go through again (other than rates!)

I do use the default presets, and it DID work last week at some point. The FC was on the old martian previously running 4s, now on 6S, and otherwise flies perfect. It’s such a nice build tbh!

I did obv have issues original (hense this thread), though I may rewire to the 5V instead of B+ when I shove on the GPS later. Just don’t wanna fly without a buzzer!!

It’s the same FC as originally had issues with. I thought the inversion would be it!!

You measured the buzzer pad voltages… was that with the buzzer attached or not?

These buzzers I assume are battery powered ones?

They should work even without the 5V wire attached, I think. Does removing that help?

Do you have a normal non-battery buzzer to try?

yeah measure v from b+ to gnd and b+ to the b- and constant at 5V (well just under).

Interestingly just d/c the buzzer and tried to just “dshot” tone, and the motors aren’t “beeping” when using the Radio…

RX_SET works with DSHOT, missed that, all good there.

Gonna resolder it all when I do the GPS, it’s weird as seems hardware with the B- port. Gonna try another cable/resolder. Cheers for the assistance @Yith
Will do that tonight

Well resolder and put the 5v line into a 5v pad instead of b+. Weird. No signs of shortage etc and the B+ and 5V pads are identical i.e. both give out 5v lol

1 Like

That is very odd indeed… but you fixed it, so yay!

New bleeper referenced in openHD forum.

Able to locate lost beacon from a distance of more than 20 km. (12.5 miles) within line of sight.
If GPS fails (under snow, mud, lost satellites, etc.) you still able to find the beacon with Proximity mode (a la “fox hunting” reversed).

tBeacon Onyx the ultimate lost model/drone/rocket radio locator beacon. Long-range, GPS enabled, voice reports $60 + $10.53 / £55

Use walkie-talkie at 433.075 MHz. Trigger the beacon by sending a calling tone (Tone-burst, 1750Hz, check the radio’s manual) for 3-4 seconds. Replies on walkie-talkie with GPS co-ordinates.

Range covers ever the worse of fly-aways ?