Bloody Buzzers

Micro. Try it first though :+1: Ideal for a tracker build for those crazy 500m 120m high flights

1 Like

Ok let’s try it next time!

Not sure but theyre pretty much EOL now so they will either go up in price if people want them or plummet in price if not lol

I think it’s Mini :thinking:

Those 500M flights really do put pressure on the systems :grin:

Yup

Yes. Mini. Damn phone auto correct :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

14 squids ish…

Hmmm. Back on topic. I can’t for the life of me get this buzzer to stop buzzing constantly…

The resource for the buzzer is E03 (which I have checked and double checked the defaults). I have checked for any shorts and it’s all good. The BZ+ on the FC seems to be connected to the rest of the 5V out (which is normal and fine), the GND is OK, and the BZ- seems isolated from any other pad I’ve put the multimeter too. Here’s What I got… (marked the pins I’m using with a red dot)

FC                         BUZZER
BUZ+  -------------------   5V
BUZ-  -------------------   B-
GND ---------------------   GND

Have checked and switched all the beeper_* options in CLI to check

# get beeper
beeper_inversion = ON
Allowed values: OFF, ON

beeper_od = OFF
Allowed values: OFF, ON

beeper_frequency = 0
Allowed range: 0 - 16000

It did work pre 4.4 update which is interesting… I’m pretty damned sure it did. Also it does “seem” to work briefly (reflashedthe FC this morning and it kind of started OK, then went to just a constant buzz). Have also tested a known working buzzer from my other quad and shows same issue.

Actually might downgrade to BF4.3 and see if that helps…

Is there a way in betaflight to show that the beeper is “active” or any error messages (there are none appearing in the OSD error messages that is).

The RF mode is definitely not active, i.e. buzzer signal ON from the RX

There’s a visual beeper in the OSD… 4 stars…

Also you can switch on motor beeping…

Hmmm… could it be the frequency?

Yeah, non of that, and it’s the INSTANT you connect the Lipo. Constant and LOUD!

Not tried that. you using 3800 on yours? Same kind of buzzer with Lipo? I always thought these were set to 0… Will give it a go.

tried 4.3 and no difference so going back to my 4.4.1 build

Nah, that was from here:

I just grabbed a quad and I have…

Beeper inversion did what you describe… try switching it.

You need to save for it to take effect

I’ve switched it loads mate :wink:

It was what sorted the original problem back when I first reported it… Wonder if need to turn it off and leave off and back on… It’s so loud to test and annoying to the neighbours, lol

Did you save?

Hmmm only difference to this (back form last year, same FC), is I used a 5V not B+, but they are the “same” pad (checked with continuity multi meter), and both give out 5V when on, checked that too…
Wonder if I’ve just killed the e3 pin somehow… very hard to use another pad as there are transistors/resistors in line with the b- pads…

Yup yup