Bloody hell it's cold! Any tips for keeping warm?

I wear a decent pair of fingerless gloves with a pair of black disposable nitrile ones below it.

The nitrile gloves are great for keeping the chill off your fingers while still allowing touch controls and dexterity.

I tried other touch screen gloves but couldn’t get on with the lack of feel on the sticks.

3 Likes

Drugs. Lots and lots of drugs.

I’ve been on a steady and constant diet of Opiate based pain medication for the last ten years. Then there’s the medication used to combat some of the groovy, and not so groovy, side effects of said Opiates, which have their own effects on my physiology.

The end result of these cascading side effects is I don’t feel much of anything anymore, especially the cold. It’s not uncommon for me to roll up to the flying field in shorts and T-Shirt and find the other members adorning all in onesies, bobble hats and scarves, seated in horseshoe formation around the 3Bar Propane heater in the club hut. Even in my car at this time of year the climate control is always turned to its lowest temp setting. If I was single I’d save a fortune on gas and electricity. (Un)Forunately I’m not, but my Wife is from LA and insists the central heating needs to be on in August.

2 Likes

Yes done it before fingers feel like there going to fall off. Bit of snow here now. Im thinking of a settings flight later after work.

:rofl: got any dealer recommends?

Those gloves are perfect…

0fd7653aa0cb471e9fde5bff07c3c1af

If you have a tablet like this :rofl:

I’ve been looking this morning for the best gloves and I think I’m going to go down this route :+1:

Doesn’t matter how thin your touch screen gloves are there not quite thin enough and have square finger tips. No good for trying to hit the shutter speed button when your shaking :rofl:

Fingerless gloves (to work fiddly camera buttons etc.), thermal hat, thermal socks, waterproof walking boots, and a warm coat - the down-filled lightweight ones are brilliant. :+1:

I guess you could just get some nice standard gloves and chop one finger tip off.
Note: the gloves not your hand

2 Likes

What about a stytlus for touch screens…they say ALL touch screens operated by finger can be operated by a passive stylus…???.

Of course,…there are silk gloves as used by pro pilots…silk is warm.and they can be worn under thin gloves…and some of their gloves are very thin leather.

I’ve got a pair of sealskinz gloves with flip top finger and thumb really warm except for the tip of your finger and tip of thumb lol but the rest of your fingers and hands are toasty warm

NHS and Pre-Payment Certificate. And a chronic degenerative illness. :face_vomiting:

Genius! Thank you :+1:

2 Likes

i actually have an underactive thyroid so i get a medical exemption from that particular dealer. Honestly I was fine till i turned 40 then thing just started hammering me, developed a sesame allergy which really killed off my thyroid. Then raynaulds really started playing up.

Of all the awesome ideas. Stylus now lives in my drone bag, thanks.

DOH! I have had a Chrome lappy for sometime. Touch screen.
Just twigged that my phone stylus operates it (despite mentioning the cold weather get around for touch screen above)…
This age thing really does get to you!!! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

its ok, my phone, the one i use for the screen is a samsung galaxy note 20, in otherwords that samsung that has a stylus as like its major selling point. And i never thought of that. I have packed a spongy type stylus in my drone bag though as its easer to grip in gloves and less likely to get dropped and lost. if it does they are much cheaper to replace.

These are good:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EXTSUD-10000mAh-Rechargeable-Electric-Portable/dp/B08HGQ2RQX/

No use while you’re actually flying but might bring some relief between flights etc.

2 Likes

saved my pinkies more than once on the fells those have. :slight_smile:

Look decent enough

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083V4TZJV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_6W0QMJXZZBAGDQT4GH5P

1 Like

I came across this on Facebook earlier…

d56f910f565688212e4c8640cca9c734880f3fba_2_500x500