Bloody weather! ... and flyability

Northern Lights … in Cornwall? :hushed:

4 Likes

It’s SNOWtime!

1 Like

It will soon be summer. Hopefully we will have good weather for flying :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

It’s not reached here yet, but I can feel the temp dropping. This morning there was just a hint of heat in the suns rays. Just been outside to pillage the log store and you can see my farts, nevermind my breath

1 Like

Nothing wrong with snow. Potential for great pics!

And I’ve not seen a lack of amazing photos on here in the last 4 months of winter suggesting it wasn’t good for flying.

It can be shite in the summer, too. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We’ll see. :roll_eyes:

You’re right. The weather can be shite in the summer, and I’ve taken some pics after it’s snowed. Unfortunately, I don’t know where they are :pensive:

However, I wouldn’t fly a drone if it’s snowing or in a blizzard lol

Will we see our first snow :cloud_with_snow: this year tonight?

Can’t recall when we last had snow to be honest. Must have been 3 or 4 years ago.

Have to drive to Heathrow tomorrow, so hopefully not too bad…

1 Like

It is arriving…

2 Likes

An inch of slush on car roofs, here. No fun at all.

:disappointed_relieved:

Ah, the arrival of spring is in the air…

A hint of something coming down overnight. Windscreen is clear but there’s what looks like hail settled and frozen to the wiper blades, just a narrow row of it. Morecambe very rarely gets snow that sticks on anything but cars.

No more forecast on the south coast. Tomorrow pm in the north.

Disappointingly small amounts of snow here - plus, my first crash. I don’t know if it was snow on the sensors or lack of contrast but managed to descend into a tree. I thought I was just in front of it, but just clipped it. Drone seems to be fine.

2 Likes

Freezing cold here in Glasgow just now, -5 overnight. Lots of snow forecast for the next couple pf days starting tonight.

1 Like

On closer inspection, I think the drone’s knackered! On the ground, the props run smoothly and the gimbal moves up and down OK, but the case is out of alignment near one of the forward sensors and the gimbal seems to have come adrift on one side…

Time to test DJI Refresh…

That’s way more snow than we had here. #envious

Best uk snow photo … by far!

(Not mine.)

3 Likes

Same here. More snow or no snow, but not this :neutral_face:

all we got is wind and rain