Bloody weather! ... and flyability

Oh - brilliant sunshine here for the last hour or so.

This one.

Nice Cb pic.

1 Like

I just got the dji m30t yesterday so am looking forward to flying in the rain hahaha weird knowing i can fly in the rain. Almost wrong feeling

Same with me and my M210. And the aircraft might be IP43 but I’m not so certain about the cameras :thinking:

Yeah its rough. As well as the rc plus. Ive seen what ny phone does when the screen is wet. Pressing random things. Last thing i want is something to phantom touch the screen when i am flying haha

1 Like

More @clinkadink weather incoming …

https://twitter.com/Netweather/status/1718644384592199747

Thursday must be @clinkadink’s birthday …

I wonder if anyone in Jersey has took their drone up to get some storm footage only to see it fly off at 117mph!
I’ve never seen wind speeds as high as this….

1 Like

Yes, the channel has it bad for the next 8 hours.

Swindon’s max is around 3pm …

The rain has at last stopped, the wind has dropped to a mere 6mph. Time to take the Air2 out on her maiden voyage, stand by for some rather average pictures :rofl:

3 Likes

Meh!

Took the opportunity for a quick flight around the local area this afternoon with the Mini 2, checking on progress of several building sites nearby, TOAL in my back garden

Wind seemed very light at ground level, but a different story at 50m - barely made 2.5m/s heading West ( Normal mode ), but 13.8m/s coming back :slight_smile:

1 Like

1.4℃ - It’s already the coldest since the morning of 4th April. #Brrrr

-1c this morning, the whole car iced up … and still no blowers, heaters, demister in my car. Driving with the windows down to stop the windscreen fogging up, whilst wearing a hoody, jacket, bobble hat and gloves. Getting a few looks.

-2.8℃ here.

Winter has reached Wiltshire, bring on the snow.

Anyone nice. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::hugs:

Newbie question
Is it safe to fly in minus temps with DJI mini Drones

@oldmang please try a search, you’ll find many discussion topics on that subject :slight_smile:

Here’s one to start with: Flying in sub-zero temps & snow

:cold_face:

I’ve never had any issues, but props can start to ice up below +2C, so my advice … fly in open countryside where there’s no one about.

Link below to a video of my Mini 3 Pro flight in snow last December.