Bloody weather! ... and flyability

Thought I’d found a 30 minute break in the weather today… nope.

But I did learn that an MP2 handles pretty well if caught in a sudden hail storm! :rofl:

3 Likes

That would be Dave ! @OzoneVibe

3 Likes

Jesus Joe, that looks like he got a soaking , is it ok?.

He was… Not sure I’d try it on purpose, and I didn’t leave him up there more than those few seconds, but he took it like a trooper. Probably helped that it was hail rather than snow. I could hear it pinging off the props (thought they might be dinged up, but no).

2 Likes

Been there - done that. :wink:

… about half way thru vid.

2 Likes

Yeah, hardy little gits they certainly are.
Got caught myself in a snow storm on Pyramiden, Spitzbergen a couple of years ago with my Mavic Pro.
Never flinched an inch, did not know it was snowing at altitude, until I saw the video later on my Laptop.

3 Likes

@GADC_Committee
C’mon guys, there must be a batch for ‘torture and survival’ :smiley:
(somebody think up a clever name for it please …)

Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

snow runner ?
I think we have a Ice Flyer Badge ?

1 Like

how about a crualty to drone badge

2 Likes

someone must have forgot to give me mine. :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Putting the drone up in the middle of a yellow warning for snow and ice… whilst UAV Forecast said to expect heavy snow… and ignoring the big grey cloud rolling in? If anything, that would get me a plonker badge :wink:

2 Likes

Just finding a cold plonker isn’t that easy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

:thinking: Nope. We definitely remember not giving you yours. :+1:

5 Likes

let me remind you then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcHBCHqEPbc

Now that was real ice !

4 Likes

I think most of us, at some point could have won that one !.

3 Likes

I can totally see why that doesn’t count. I had to post a frosty field in Cheshire to get my badge, glaciers in Iceland were no good either :joy:

3 Likes

feck me!, I better try again in Iceland in a few weeks then.
though, one problem?, the drone will not be going with me (at the moment anyway, I am working on getting dispensation from taking it on board ship)

3 Likes

But Cheshire is along drive for me. :rofl:

1 Like

Good luck with that! I think its taking the proverbial,not allowing drones, :open_mouth: :open_mouth:maybe should try offering drone cruises,that would be the whole of GADC holidays sorted then!!! :grinning: :wink: :wink: :rofl: :+1:

2 Likes

Here!, now there’s a plan !.
I’ll give Fred Olsen a ring tomos.

2 Likes