Bloody weather! ... and flyability

Yikes …

The large park area near where I am staying in LA is in an FAA fly zone. I applied for permission to fly there and within 1 minute authorisation was granted.

Flying tomorrow morning.

1 Like

I mean with this weather my drone bag is just gathering dust and me distant memories of last summer scorchio’s temperatures, add to that that even if the weather was perfect, despite the cold, by the time I’ve finished work it’s as dark as the dark ages, and why is it that weekend weather is always shite?
I give up. I’ll retire to my shed and chop wood for the fireplace instead. Bo###cks :slight_smile:

1 Like

BBC Countryfile weather forecast - “Colder / dryer - clearer skies and possible drone flying misty/foggy patches.” :+1:

OK - I may have added the “drone flying” bit. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Almost perfect where I am for the next six weeks…

I’m dubious of the accuracy of this App.

Last Sunday it was saying ’ Not good to fly ’ in my locality. Completely the opposite and I had a
great afternoon of flight down by the coast.

A lot depends on your personal settings. Have you set your preferences?

I had it saying the other day that the Kp index was 6 and was therefore not good to fly.
But there were 24 sats in the sky… I flew anyway - it was fine.

As I’ve often mentioned - I have little faith in any forecast, let alone random free apps that live on old data - since most of the time they can’t agree.

When several models do agree, I start to think they may be close to the truth.

Ergo - this week is going to be chilly!

We have had fog here for the last 3 days in Somerset.

1 Like

Excellent fly-above-able fog here, earlier.

Unfortunately there was unflyable fog in my head - courtesy of the 4th migraine this week.

The former had cleared before the latter. :rage:

I was hoping the fog would lift here it has not last time I took the drone up in the fog :scream: it came back like it had been in the river, lesson learned ! :smiley:

16:00 - 11:00? It’s been like it for days!

1 Like

It’s not 16:00 today, yet. Everything will vanish.

Blue skies here. Perfect fog earlier. Perfect for illegal flying, too. Could see the planes landing at Southampton were in sunshine about 100ft before touchdown. A vid of them “vanishing” would be brilliant. :smiling_imp:

You mean it’s going to get foggier?

1 Like

See my late edit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fogs in the 60s/70s were so much better … :stuck_out_tongue:

Before my time Dave.