Blurring images

Hi all,

Could anyone help me with exactly how to blur images in Mini 3 Pro video please?

Our village is flooded and I’ve overflown the area and filmed it. I intend to donate the footage to groups that manage the flood. Of course I’ve filmed private properties so just want to put a slight blur on them for privacy but also to highlight the water.

Many thanks

David

Firstly - unless you were really low, there’s no necessity to blur anything … Google Maps has it all without any blur.

Secondly - it would depend on your editing software, which you’ve not mentioned.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment. I don’t have any editing software at the moment except iMovie which came with my iMac but I haven’t used it.

My daughter has done some editing for me on her iPhone using CapCut.

Cheers

I was around 195 feet as there is a height restriction at 196 due to a military testing airfield close by.

As @OzoneVibe has mentioned, you don’t need to as that level of detail is already visible on Google Maps at 195 feet, which is 60 metres.

2 Likes

Is this type of online service of any use to you? They have a free tier. Video Redaction Pricing — SecureRedact

1 Like

I would agree with the comments, you don’t need to blur anything.
If you have a computer and need video editing software, download Davinci Resolve for free at [DaVinci Resolve 18 | Blackmagic Design]. I use it all the time. I ended up paying for the full version but the free version has mast options you need.

Many thanks. That’s put my mind at rest and I’ll just carry on.

Cheers everyone.

David

2 Likes