BMC - The Burns' Month Challenge 2022 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Brilliant advert for your City John. :+1:

1 Like

BMC Entry My area Cleethorpes. Early morning

Sunrise/sunsets one of the best times of the day for photography Lucky to have these wide open spaces on my doorstep. (perfect for next challenge. Now just need the weather.)

3 Likes

Thanks Steve :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Clive :+1:

Some stunning images in there John :+1: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Only two days left to finish off your masterpieces!

3 Likes

Just noticed the above!

Only today to start my masterpiece. So sorry about the sound quality, I need to set up a proper recording area :frowning:

Anyway, here’s my contribution:

1 Like

Closing date is today :scream:

1 Like

Still time Rich to enter Wigan :smiley:

1 Like

“My Area”, Wiltshire, and how it came to be …

2 Likes

A month’s competition

Three hours to go

And NOW the entries start flooding in!

head-banging-on-desk-gif-11

Sorry, been a little distracted this past week.

Understood.

Hope that the situation improves long term; hope that everything goes ok in bringing the family here.

1 Like

I was on about the Mini 2 :sweat_smile:

I am suprised there are only 7 edits though, given the number of folk who normally enter challenges. The great thing about this comp, is that it doesn’t rely on getting out an flying within a certain window - if you have existing content to hand.

Just wanted to say it was great fun this comp. I must admit, I’d never heard of Ken Burns before … or his effect. So regardless of the outcome, I enjoyed this one, even more than the RTF :+1:

2 Likes

That was the reasoning behind it. A couple of evenings going through your back catalogue of images, perhaps evoking some fond memories then a couple of hours assembling them into a montage to show others something of your stomping ground.

Given the weather we have enjoyed this past month it is surprising that so few took the opportunity to do something creative with their time :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone who made the effort to make a short film - it’s a great way to appreciate where other people live :slight_smile:

And now it’s open to participants and observers alike to decide on the best of the eight videos; the creme de la creme:

The voting is simple - you have one vote only, the winner will be the contributor who gets the most votes.

Take your time, click on each picture to be taken to the video showing each person’s area; each short video represents a large investment of time by the person who made it. Vote wisely, vote well :slight_smile:

The poll closes on Friday March 4th at 22:00

• The Somerset Levels
    firefox_q5X269hFF8

• West Norfolk
    firefox_rQNpsBZmKJ

• Kingsbury Village, North Warwickshire
    firefox_FcPQj2tX32

• Bangor, County Down
    firefox_kn0LMYVljl

• Glasgow
    firefox_c4oSu2yin6

• Cleethorpes, North Loincolnshire
    firefox_kMO7MqE9Kv

• Hayling Island, Hampshire
    title 3

• 6000 years of Wiltshire
    firefox_yyR4c7c2y3

0 voters

1 Like

I had every intention of doing something for this but there are currently more pressing demands on my free time, so my usual distractions of droning and gaming have fallen by the wayside.

Well done everyone who got something in. :clap:

1 Like

Good set of entries! I enjoyed each one. Thanks!

2 Likes

All beyond my capabilities I’m afraid …great entries going to be difficult

1 Like