Bournemouth air festival yesterday

So what you are saying is, you voluntarily surrender your right to engage in a completely legal activity… You probably never cross the road either, in case a car comes along and hits you. SAME THING!!!

Yes, if I felt my activity was potentially dangerous for other people.

You would not fly the drone if a helicopter was having to fly low - perhaps an electricity chopper inspecting wires.

Just because something says you can fly, doesn’t mean you should.

Or maybe you would?

1 Like

And small private Cessna planes should not fly, because there are passenger jets in the air……
I have flown right across Los Angeles airport, at 800’, right above a 747 landing on 24R. Why? Because I could. Its allowed, so I did.
If you do not exercise your rights, you lose your rights. And become a slave of the state.

Photos or it didn’t happen ;o)

2 Likes

When you are flying a helicopter, over one of the busiest airports in the world, you really have your hands full with, you know, not crashing…… And it was 30 years ago….

Morning , sorry I’m a bit confused or have I missed something , we was talking about UAV right , as I gave you some advice yesterday on yr drone , if you don’t mind me asking how is the helicopter now part of the topic , I’m assuming you was flying a manned aircraft ( helicopter ) not UAV across LAX am I correct :+1:t2:

1 Like

Relevance of a helicopter flight?

1 Like

A DJI Mini 2 has the same “rights” to operate in the air as an Airbus A380.
“They” are trying to take away our rights.
Flying a R22 thru LAX airspace, is exactly the same as flying a DJI from Sandbanks today.
Both completely legal activities.
Exercise your rights, or lose them forever.

The “right” to use the airspace.
If someone wants to fly their DJI from Sandbanks to Studland today, well if they don’t, then thats their personal decision. As for anyone who wants to, they have every legal right to do so.

1 Like

Our rights are one thing, flying in or close to an air exclusion zone just because you can is frankly a bit daft.
Common sense is a wonderful thing, I could climb a tall tower and throw myself off…but does that mean I should?
I can anticipate at least one reply in the affirmative!

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong we UAV operators need to respect manned aircraft , a drone falling from the sky would have far less complications I would have thought than an A380 full of passengers , with serve consequences if that be the drone operator at fault , one would call it wreck less and land you a heavy prison sentence which right about now or in the near future I really don’t fancy tbh !

1 Like

@mrs1977paul ?

That, is “submitting to the bully” mentality. “They are bigger than me so they can have whatever they want”.
If some performing aircraft strays outside the box, breaks the harddeck, they will be in serious dog poo. A mini 2 minding its own business complying with all aviation rules, cannot be held to blame for any subsequent collision.

1 Like

It’s all ifs and buts

They might have to stray outside the box at an emergency for instance with no time to think but act , we’ve seen this over the years at air shows and same with commercial flights , :man_shrugging:t2: Like us hitting the RTH because for whatever the situation is , in the settings in the fly app you have a choice to hover descend or land in the event of an emergency , so sometimes we have to think quick and act fast should we ( hopefully not ) have to face this situation anytime soon , that is our failsafe options for our drone , but in the nicest way possible when you say

yesterday your flight which did not start off great due to check procedures and other stuff , with the intention to fly it as far as possible on your first flight and half lost control of the drone , so that then begs the quote above :point_up:t2: That’s not quite exactly complying with the rules is it or am I wrong , as those actions may lead to consequences and are one could say un planned or wreck less even , those pilots for the air shows or to take you on holiday or whatever , there acrobats and flights are planned , Now if we all go around ( un planned ) putting up our drones we’re we see fit ( because we can ! ) then sooner or later there’s going to be a problem , just saying .

3 Likes

Spot on Kirky.
As you say the original post regarding flying as far as possible first time out with what appears to be ill preparation to say the least is worrying and doesn’t instill any faith in further posts…also just saying.

3 Likes

That’s what I meant and by no means am I trying to jump on the band wagon to have a dig ( that’s not me ) I’m still learning my self , I’ve asked so many questions on here myself ( for the better in understanding ) and if I can take a little piece of my knowledge and pass it on for the better to someone else I will , that said SHOUTING isn’t going to earn any respect or help , sometimes we have to listen , we have to compromise and understand others , it’s not a one way road !

2 Likes

Chill out it’s just a NOTAM for an airshow.

2 Likes

Well said @Kirky. I’m just going to say, “you can’t reason with the unreasonable” and just leave it there.

3 Likes

I live near by and Drone assist has had it a NFZ for almost a month. I was goingto get the chain ferry at the beginning of August but computer says NO

1 Like

not for the airshow it didn’t.

I flew in Sandbanks last week.

Maybe it was for something else or an advanced warning that it would soon turn red - this does not stop you from flying.