Breaches of the Drone code

Even the original Mavic Pro supports it :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

How?

Interesting, you should be OK then.
Do you know what info it broadcasts?
MB

I am thinking about the many older but perfectly usable types.
My Phantom 4 has an option in the menu for some sort of code.

Drone ID, pilot location :grimacing:

@Mel lots of details I this thread:

1 Like

I’ll probably give up droning then

1 Like

My M2Z is broadcasting bugger all at the moment :sleepy::sleepy:

The NATS drone assist app also has a flight report feature that let’s you submit a report showing your location and a brief flight description.

1 Like

Me too :innocent:

1 Like

Isn’t that just part of the normal telemetry back to the controller to show location in the map view etc?

Yes.

The difference being that it’s also broadcast to everyone else within range, not just to your own controller.

1 Like

See previous thread and my correspondence with the Information Commissioner’s Office: if you choose to buy a device that broadcasts your location over the airwaves, that’s (currently) your choice. There is no data protection reason for the ICO to intervene.

1 Like

They should introduce such a scheme for cyclists and old people driving

6 Likes

So how do they pick it up?

I believe their is a new app developed for the general public which can identify a drone and where the controller is. Providing they are in range. to allow them to report a drone and it’s controller. I might be wrong but I’m sure I saw it somewhere.

3 Likes

Yes I’ve seen that Aerospace thing that DJI announced. I can’t really see that it’s detrimental to us. Probably more handy for us that fly than the general public. I would quite like to know if anyone else is flying around before I take off. I doubt if most people will even be aware of the app but I guess there will always be the odd one who wants to to know what it is going on but if your’e not doing anything wrong what’s the problem.

1 Like

Not sure about the app but there is CHIRP which allows for a confidential safety reports can be submitted.

https://www.chirp.co.uk/

I think that is intended to be retrospective reporting of incidents is it not?